MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Sorting artists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have minim watch on my Windows 10 and the server on my Qnap. I am trying to sort artist names by last name, first name and have not been able to do it.
(26-07-2016 02:58)mikeknj Wrote: [ -> ]I have minim watch on my Windows 10 and the server on my Qnap. I am trying to sort artist names by last name, first name and have not been able to do it.

Are your artist names tagged in last name, first name format?
I used dbpoweramp to rip the CD's . I could not figure out how to tag albums with last name, first name. I was looking at Artistsort.reversename, but get errors in any of the fields I tried in minimwatch.
(27-07-2016 02:38)mikeknj Wrote: [ -> ]I used dbpoweramp to rip the CD's . I could not figure out how to tag albums with last name, first name. I was looking at Artistsort.reversename, but get errors in any of the fields I tried in minimwatch.

The reverseName option only works if artists are tagged as lastname, firstname.

It should be possible to make dBpoweramp populate the ArtistSort field in lastname, firstname format. See this post for details.
Reference URL's