MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim not accessible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Minim Support,

Lately (I think since DSM-6) minim is not visible anymore in the tream-app.
I use a synology 212+. on latest DSM 6 and minim 0.8.4
Minim starts fine, and is accessible for some time and after that it is not anymore. I can not link it to any actions on the NAS.
Minim watch on the laptop can not reach Minim and is grey.
In the Syno package center it reports status "running".

When I stop the minim server to restart it it reports:

Quote:MinimServer had to be stopped using a forced kill. Please contact MinimServer support if this happens repeatedly.

Can you please advice me how to fix this?

Thanks.
This might be the same problem that was reported in this post.

After you get the problem and before you restart MinimServer, please use File Station to look in the MinimServer/appData folder. Do you see any error messages in the minimserver.log file? Do you see any files whose names start with minimserver-crash or hs_err_pid?
Hi,

Error's in minimserver.log

Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file Various Artists/The Very Best Of MTV Unplugged. Vol. 2 (2003)/03R.e.m. - Losing My Religion.flac (length 20447232)
Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file Phil Collins - A Hot Night In Paris - 1999/02 that's all.flac (length 41418752)
Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file The Very Best Of MTV Unplugged. Vol. 2 (2003)/03R.e.m. - Losing My Religion.flac (length 20447232)
Error: no valid MPEG header near offset 2171 in file 05.Verzamelaars/dj smoke smokin out the club/06 - 02 George Clinton & Parliment Funkadelic - Tear The Roof Off the mother sucker.mp3 (length 2176)
Error: playlist Prince - The Very Best Of Prince/Prince - The Very Best Of Prince.m3u8: unknown file (17) Money Don't Matter 2 Night - Prince.flac

These last ones I see a lot (too many to copy)

No hs_err_pid file

There are two minimserver-crash log files.
These are not of today but even from before the initial post.
If you want I can send them to you

Marc
(21-06-2016 21:48)Kochmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Error's in minimserver.log

Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file Various Artists/The Very Best Of MTV Unplugged. Vol. 2 (2003)/03R.e.m. - Losing My Religion.flac (length 20447232)
Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file Phil Collins - A Hot Night In Paris - 1999/02 that's all.flac (length 41418752)
Error: duplicate STREAMINFO block at offset 8 in file The Very Best Of MTV Unplugged. Vol. 2 (2003)/03R.e.m. - Losing My Religion.flac (length 20447232)
Error: no valid MPEG header near offset 2171 in file 05.Verzamelaars/dj smoke smokin out the club/06 - 02 George Clinton & Parliment Funkadelic - Tear The Roof Off the mother sucker.mp3 (length 2176)
Error: playlist Prince - The Very Best Of Prince/Prince - The Very Best Of Prince.m3u8: unknown file (17) Money Don't Matter 2 Night - Prince.flac

These last ones I see a lot (too many to copy)

No hs_err_pid file

There are two minimserver-crash log files.
These are not of today but even from before the initial post.
If you want I can send them to you

Marc

These log messages would not cause MinimServer to be inaccessible. The minimserver-crash files might cause this. Please attach these files to a post here as file attachments (better for me than having them copied/pasted inline). Many thanks.
Attached in the ZIP file the log files.

I hope this helps

Marc
(22-06-2016 07:32)Kochmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Attached in the ZIP file the log files.

I hope this helps

Marc

Thanks for these files. The two minimserver-crash files both show problems with your Java installation. It might help if you uninstall Java and reinstall it.
I uninstalled and re-installed Java.
After that Mimim was OK. Now it is "gone" again.
WHen I check the 192.168.x.xx:9790 it states it's running, and I can click refresh and rescan but minim is not recovering.

Quote:MinimServer Status

This page was last updated at 11:31:23 on 26 Jun 2016

MinimServer 0.8.4 update 88, Copyright © 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.5.24, Copyright © 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.

Media server status for MinimKoch: Restarting Refresh status Rescan

You have selected the following content directories:
/volume1/FLAC
/volume1/MP3

For more information about using MinimServer, see the Getting started page.

THere is no new "crash file" generated.
I only have these. (attached)from before force stop!

Hope this gives some insight.
These are the log files after the force stop
before start
There isn't anything in these files that indicates a problem.

From the web page output, it looks like the status is Restarting. This means MinimServer is rescanning your library, which might take some time. While this is happening, you won't be able to see MinimServer in a UPnP control point but it should be visible in MinimWatch.

Can you provide more details about what you mean by saying MinimServer is "gone"?
Hi,

By "Gone" i mean:
- not visible in the UPNP app's like bubbleupnp, sonos app and naim app
- no connection possible from minim watch on the laptop (win-10) it is grey.

normally minim watch will turn yellow while scanning and green when finished.
Only a forced-stop/start on the NAS will restart minim.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's