MinimServer Forum

Full Version: minimwatch thinks it's already running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I invoked minimwatch under linux and got this:

Code:
adrian> minimwatch
MinimWatch 0.8.4, Copyright (c) 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Enter command (? for help):
>MinimWatch: can't run multiple instances with the same configuration file     Selected media server: MinimWatch
MinimWatch failure: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'

even though I don't have any other minimwatches running. (I just rebooted.) Is there a lock file somewhere I need to delete?
(11-06-2016 17:14)adrian Wrote: [ -> ]I invoked minimwatch under linux and got this:

Code:
adrian> minimwatch
>MinimWatch: can't run multiple instances with the same configuration file     Selected media server: MinimWatch
MinimWatch failure: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'exit'

even though I don't have any other minimwatches running. (I just rebooted.) Is there a lock file somewhere I need to delete?

There might be a lock file if MinimWatch was terminated abnormally before you rebooted. It is in the minimwatch/data directory and it is named minimwatch.config.lock.

I am surprised to see "Selected media server: MinimWatch". I will investigate why this is being displayed.
(11-06-2016 22:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]There might be a lock file if MinimWatch was terminated abnormally before you rebooted. It is in the minimwatch/data directory and it is named minimwatch.config.lock.

I am surprised to see "Selected media server: MinimWatch". I will investigate why this is being displayed.

I located the lock file and removed it, and now it runs normally:

Code:
Selected media server: MinimServer[echidna]
MinimServer[echidna] is running
>rescan
restarting MinimServer[echidna]
starting MinimServer[echidna]
MinimServer[echidna] is running
>

The "Selected media server" message no longer appears.
Reference URL's