MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Exclude some sub-directories from library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day,

I installed Minimserver on my NAS (home made, debian based, headless) couple of minutes ago and I already have issue. I cannot find any answer to my question on the documentation, maybe I just missed it.

My Lumin network player cannot read .ogg files and my main library directory have few sub-directories named according to the file formats (hi-res, flac, mp3, ogg). I would like to exclude the ogg sub-directory from the library. How can I do that ?

I already played a little bit with the miniserver.conf file without success :
- I gave all subdirectories paths (comma separated) to the "minimserver.contentDir =" parameter and have an error
- I also tried to give the sub-directories paths one per line to the same " minimserver.contentDir = " parameter.

I would prefer to not remove my ogg sub-directory from the library main directory, I only want to ask minimserver to not take care of its content.

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
You can do what you want by setting hi-res, flac and mp3 as content directories but you should not edit the minimserver.config file directly. To add or remove content directories when running a headless instance of MinimServer, you should use the graphical interface of MinimWatch (running on another computer) or the console interface of MinimServer or MinimWatch (running on the headless machine). See this page for details.
Thanks for pointing the correct manual page.
It's now working nearly as I want. Although I still have lot of features to explore.

By the way, great job !
Hi,

I have the same question: on the Synology DiskStations on the top level of a shared folder the directory '#recycle' exists; this is the trash for network drives. So the folder structure looks like:

#recycle
Artist 1
Artist 2
Artist n

Is it possible to exclude the '#recycle' folder?
I had not succeed to exclude the directory, but I listed the other directories to read.
I do not have the server nearby but as far as I remember I used something like :

Code:
prop content.Dir={dir1}{dir2}{…}

I hope it could help.
Well, this is one possibility. But in my case this would be extremely time consuming: I would have to add all 400+ artists I have in my library by hand. And with a new CD from a new artist I would have to add him manually.
I prefer to have a concept which I'd like to call "scan everything but not this dedicated folders".
(02-10-2016 21:08)steamfan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this is one possibility. But in my case this would be extremely time consuming: I would have to add all 400+ artists I have in my library by hand. And with a new CD from a new artist I would have to add him manually.
I prefer to have a concept which I'd like to call "scan everything but not this dedicated folders".

So that I can understand the issue, do files in the #recycle folder appear in the MinimServer browse list? Does the #recycle folder itself show up in the browse list? If the answer to both of those is 'no', does it matter from a user perspective whether #recycle is incuded in the scan or not?

David
(02-10-2016 13:25)steamfan Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to exclude the '#recycle' folder?

Not at present. The next update will do what you want.
The answer is in both cases yes:

Yes, the folder appears as artists and
Yes, the files show up
(03-10-2016 08:11)steamfan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the folder appears as artists and Yes, the files show up

Ah, I can see why that could be a pain. I'm glad Simon is planning a change.

David
Reference URL's