MinimServer Forum

Full Version: minimstreamer-0.5.24 licence not accepted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed minimserver-0.8.4 + minimiserver-0.8-update-87 on raspberry pi 3. I wanted to install minimstreamer-0.5.24 which 'packages' command says is available. I get error 'Package license was not accepted'. What does this mean and how to correct it?
(30-05-2016 23:45)lozdown Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed minimserver-0.8.4 + minimiserver-0.8-update-87 on raspberry pi 3. I wanted to install minimstreamer-0.5.24 which 'packages' command says is available. I get error 'Package license was not accepted'. What does this mean and how to correct it?

How are you doing this installation?
(31-05-2016 07:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-05-2016 23:45)lozdown Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed minimserver-0.8.4 + minimiserver-0.8-update-87 on raspberry pi 3. I wanted to install minimstreamer-0.5.24 which 'packages' command says is available. I get error 'Package license was not accepted'. What does this mean and how to correct it?

How are you doing this installation?

Reviewing my installation command list revealed I was not running as root when untarring distribution. Redoing the installation as root has resolved the problem
Thanks
(31-05-2016 09:56)lozdown Wrote: [ -> ]Reviewing my installation command list revealed I was not running as root when untarring distribution. Redoing the installation as root has resolved the problem
Thanks

It should not be necessary to untar and install MinimServer as root. This is not advised as it will cause some MinimServer functionality not to work correctly. On a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian, you should untar and install MinimServer as a regular user such as the built-in user 'pi'.
OK - redone installation as 'pi' user - all seems to be working. Original problem was caused by untarring as 'root' but configuring as 'pi'
Reference URL's