MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Non-existing minimWatch preventing upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, all.

Windows 10, 64bit

I am trying to reinstall minimWatch, as my first install would not display a window. I first made sure I had the newest 64bit Java, then tried to install the latest minimWatch. No go, as supposedly, minimWatch was already running. I couldn't find any relevant processes, so I uninstalled it using the Control Panel. I then rebooted, but the minimWatch install still thinks an old minimWatch process is still running (though I don't know how). How can I get this to work, as minimWatch appears to be needed to set up transcoding (with minimStreamer)? I keep rebooting, but the ghost minimWatch "process" is still preventing me from installing a working, accessible copy of the program.

Right now, I have absolutely no access to any version of minimWatch on this computer.

TIA,
rhh
The installer is finding a file named minimwatch.config.lock in the folder C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data. The file is normally deleted when MinimWatch exits. To install the new version, you need to delete this file manually.

The AppData folder is hidden by default in Windws Explorer, so you need to type the full folder path into the Explorer address bar to see the contents of the folder.
(27-04-2016 18:18)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The installer is finding a file named minimwatch.config.lock in the folder C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data. The file is normally deleted when MinimWatch exits. To install the new version, you need to delete this file manually.

Excellent, thank you! I'm experienced enough that I should have thought of something like this, but I guess my trouble-shooting skills (and my brain in general) have gotten really rusty. :-(

As an aside, thanks for all of the help you provide on this forum. It has helped me in other aspects, as well.

rhh
(27-04-2016 22:55)rhh Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-04-2016 18:18)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The installer is finding a file named minimwatch.config.lock in the folder C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data. The file is normally deleted when MinimWatch exits. To install the new version, you need to delete this file manually.

Excellent, thank you! I'm experienced enough that I should have thought of something like this, but I guess my trouble-shooting skills (and my brain in general) have gotten really rusty. :-(

As an aside, thanks for all of the help you provide on this forum. It has helped me in other aspects, as well.

rhh

You're most welcome!

I will think about whether there is any other way to detect a running instance that is not liable to give "false positives" as the current method can do.
Reference URL's