MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim watch greyed out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wonder if you can help please my Minimwatch is greyed out.I have gone in to properties and ohnet.debug is default and there is nothing on ohnet.subnet.My music is on a Synology NAS with an IP address ending 0.2Thanks in advance.
(21-04-2016 15:15)mors Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if you can help please my Minimwatch is greyed out.I have gone in to properties and ohnet.debug is default and there is nothing on ohnet.subnet.My music is on a Synology NAS with an IP address ending 0.2Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that MinimServer is running?

If MinimServer is definitely running, this is normally caused by a firewall issue on the PC or Mac running MinimWatch. Try completely disabling the firewall to see whether this is the problem.

Another possibility is that there are multiple network adapters (real or virtual) on the PC or Mac running MinimWatch. In this case, it is necessary to set the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch (not MinimServer) as described in this section.
Many thanks again for your prompt reply.Minimserver is running well and firewall is disabled.I have read the section to which you refer but I'm not sure if I should be entering something in ohnet.subnet which is currently blank.
(21-04-2016 16:11)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks again for your prompt reply.Minimserver is running well and firewall is disabled.I have read the section to which you refer but I'm not sure if I should be entering something in ohnet.subnet which is currently blank.

If you select Options > Show log (watch), what is the value shown for 'Active subnet'? Is this the correct subnet for the machine running MinimServer?
Thanks,the active subnet ends 0.0.The Synology NAS ends 0.2.Should I enter the full Synology NAS's IP address in ohnet.subnet.
(21-04-2016 16:38)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks,the active subnet ends 0.0.The Synology NAS ends 0.2.Should I enter the full Synology NAS's IP address in ohnet.subnet.

A subnet address isn't the same as an IP address. You should not try to use the NAS IP address as a subnet address.

Do the NAS IP address and the MinimWatch subnet address match except for the final digit? For example, if the IP address is 192.168.0.2 and the subnet address is 192.168.0.0, this is a match.
Yes it is a match apart from final digit.
(21-04-2016 17:15)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is a match apart from final digit.

OK, so it doesn't seem that the subnet is a problem. Do you have an antivirus program running on the machine that is running MinimWatch? Is it a PC or a Mac?
Thanks for your help.I seem to have solved one problem and caused another.Mininwatch icon was red so I rescanned and icon is now clear.However I'm not sure what else I've done as I now have two MinimServers on my IPad, one DiskStation and other iMac local containing identical information.Not sure what I did to cause this.Obviously only need details on DiskStation.
(21-04-2016 19:57)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help.I seem to have solved one problem and caused another.Mininwatch icon was red so I rescanned and icon is now clear.However I'm not sure what else I've done as I now have two MinimServers on my IPad, one DiskStation and other iMac local containing identical information.Not sure what I did to cause this.Obviously only need details on DiskStation.

It sounds you have installed MinimServer on your iMac by mistake. To close this instance, select Exit from the minim icon in the iMac menu bar. Be careful to choose the minim icon that represents the iMac instance of MinimServer (hover the mouse pointer over it to check).
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's