MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Invalid file Format on Synology DS215j
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated my Synology today and Java 8.0.60-0010 is running. I downloaded MinimServer-0.8.3.4-armv7.spk and installed it on the NAS. But when I try to start it, the protocol says "OpenJDK is not supported for this NAS. Download and install Oracle Java." So I deinstalled the Java, downloaded the jdk-8u77-linux-arm32-vfp-hflt-demos.tar from the oracle website. But when I try to install it I get the message "Invalid file format". What can I do?
You need to install tha Synology Java8 package and then upgrade it to Oracle Java as described in this section.
Thank you, Simon. Now it works again. The mistake was, that I had downloaded the file with "Demo" in the name because the Synology message said it needs the "Hard Float" file.
(17-04-2016 21:40)Dieter Stockert Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, Simon. Now it works again. The mistake was, that I had downloaded the file with "Demo" in the name because the Synology message said it needs the "Hard Float" file.

The Synology message is correct and it does need the hard float file. Unfortunately, the Oracle download page is wrongly describing the correct file as soft float when it is actually hard float. Perhaps I should mention this in the instructions. (Edit: now done.)
Reference URL's