MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch listening on the wrong adapter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I've been searching the forum posts and cant quite find the answer to this problem sorry. Have been using minimwatch on my mac to control minimsever on synology NAS without problems for about 6 months. Recently had new internet prover set up and although the NAS is still connected to my network via my airport extreme basestation it looks like the minimwatch cant find the minimserver anymore. The icon is just greyed out in the system tray. Looks from the threads that I should be able to tell minimwatch where to look for the sever but I cant see how to do this. Thank you
(17-04-2016 12:05)Milraine Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I've been searching the forum posts and cant quite find the answer to this problem sorry. Have been using minimwatch on my mac to control minimsever on synology NAS without problems for about 6 months. Recently had new internet prover set up and although the NAS is still connected to my network via my airport extreme basestation it looks like the minimwatch cant find the minimserver anymore. The icon is just greyed out in the system tray. Looks from the threads that I should be able to tell minimwatch where to look for the sever but I cant see how to do this. Thank you

If you select Options > Show log (watch) from the minim icon on your Mac, what do you see for the active subnet?

What is the IP address of your NAS?
It says
Active subnet is 192.168.1.0
I think the NAS address is 192.168.1.114
(17-04-2016 14:48)Milraine Wrote: [ -> ]It says
Active subnet is 192.168.1.0
I think the NAS address is 192.168.1.114

This looks fine. (You should double-check the NAS address to make sure.)

The problem might be caused by a multicast issue with your new router. See this section for more information.
Hi
Yes the NAS address is right. So I guess its a multicast issue. I've looked at the section you link to and made sure IGMP snooping is disabled (it already was).
Its a BT home hub. Its connected by ethernet to an airport extreme base-station which broadcasts wifi for the house. The only device accessing the homehub's own wifi is the television. This uses the 2.4GHZ band. 5GHZ is disabled. All other devices in the house access the wifi through the airport extreme base-station. This broadcasts on both 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ. I think devices just choose the band they prefer. All other devices on the network work fine. Thanks for your help this is really frustrating.
(17-04-2016 18:46)Milraine Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Yes the NAS address is right. So I guess its a multicast issue. I've looked at the section you link to and made sure IGMP snooping is disabled (it already was).
Its a BT home hub. Its connected by ethernet to an airport extreme base-station which broadcasts wifi for the house. The only device accessing the homehub's own wifi is the television. This uses the 2.4GHZ band. 5GHZ is disabled. All other devices in the house access the wifi through the airport extreme base-station. This broadcasts on both 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ. I think devices just choose the band they prefer. All other devices on the network work fine. Thanks for your help this is really frustrating.

How is the NAS connected to the network? If it has a wired Ethernet connection to a switch or router, can you try connecting the Mac to the same switch or router using a wired connection?

Another thing to check is the Mac firewall. You might have this set up to block inbound connections to MinimWatch, which would cause the problem you are seeing.
The NAS is connected by ethernet to the airport extreme basestation. I have tried connecting the mac to the basestationr with an ethernet cable - i can still access all the files on the NAS but minimwatch is still blue when it starts up. Firewall is off.
(17-04-2016 22:27)Milraine Wrote: [ -> ]The NAS is connected by ethernet to the airport extreme basestation. I have tried connecting the mac to the basestationr with an ethernet cable - i can still access all the files on the NAS but minimwatch is still blue when it starts up. Firewall is off.

Can you see MinimServer from any UPnP control points? If so, how are these connected to your network?

If you can't see MinimServer from any UPnP control points, are you sure MinimServer is running? To confirm this, you can try accessing the MinimServer status web page http://192.168.1.114:9790 from a browser.
both the computers on the network are running minimwatch and both give a blue icon. I control my lumin using an ipad and the lumin software which says the library is off line. when try and access the MinimServer status as you describe I get a message saying "safari cant open the page http://192.168.1.114:9790 because safari cant connect to the server 192.168.1.114"
so perhaps its not running?
Yes, it sounds like MinimServer isn't running and MinimWatch is correctly reporting that.

On the NAS, use File Station to look at the MinimServer/appData folder. Ae there any error messages in the minimserver.log or minimserver-out.log files?

On the NAS, open Package Center and look at the status of MinimServer. Is this shown as Running or Stopped?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's