MinimServer Forum

Full Version: cant install 8.3.4 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded to DSM 6.

Reinstalled Java 8.

Tried to install server 8.3.4 and i get the error "Port undefined configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use. Please disable or modify the conflicting service, or contact the developer to modify the package configuration."

The closest solution i found when searching for this was a similar message with the port 9790 mentioned. So i tried all those steps (logged in SSH as root etc). Still same error as above.

I had version 8.1 of the server installed, and i didnt remove it but its gone now, so i cant just upgrade.

any ideas? im at a loss.

thanks
(09-04-2016 16:25)imackify Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded to DSM 6.

Reinstalled Java 8.

Tried to install server 8.3.4 and i get the error "Port undefined configured for this package is either used by another service or reserved for system use. Please disable or modify the conflicting service, or contact the developer to modify the package configuration."

The closest solution i found when searching for this was a similar message with the port 9790 mentioned. So i tried all those steps (logged in SSH as root etc). Still same error as above.

I had version 8.1 of the server installed, and i didnt remove it but its gone now, so i cant just upgrade.

any ideas? im at a loss.

thanks

It seems that DSM 6.0 has decided to remove your MinimServer 0.8.1 and has done this in a way that leaves you unable to reinstall MinimServer. Not good. Sad

I suggest you try the procedure for fixing the same message with port 9790, as follows:

1) Use SSH to login to the NAS as user 'admin'

2) Enter the command:

sudo /usr/syno/bin/servicetool --remove-configure-file --package MinimServer.sc

3) Enter your admin password when prompted for this

4) Try the MinimServer 0.8.3.4 manual installation again
(09-04-2016 16:46)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that DSM 6.0 has decided to remove your MinimServer 0.8.1 and has done this in a way that leaves you unable to reinstall MinimServer. Not good. Sad

I suggest you try the procedure for fixing the same message with port 9790, as follows:

1) Use SSH to login to the NAS as user 'admin'

2) Enter the command:

sudo /usr/syno/bin/servicetool --remove-configure-file --package MinimServer.sc

3) Enter your admin password when prompted for this

4) Try the MinimServer 0.8.3.4 manual installation again

I had tried this, in a roundabout way. I couldn't log in as root at first, had to log in as admin, then ran "sudo -i" i think it was, then could log in as root.

as root, i ran that command line, but im not sure if it did anything...it simply brought up a menu of possible commands for 'servicetool'.

did i do it wrong?

edit* i tried what you wrote above as i saw it was different and it says remove configure file fail! file=minimserver.sc error=
(09-04-2016 16:50)imackify Wrote: [ -> ]I had tried this, in a roundabout way. I couldn't log in as root at first, had to log in as admin, then ran "sudo -i" i think it was, then could log in as root.

as root, i ran that command line, but im not sure if it did anything...it simply brought up a menu of possible commands for 'servicetool'.

did i do it wrong?

edit* i tried what you wrote above as i saw it was different and it says remove configure file fail! file=minimserver.sc error=

On DSM 6.0, you can't log in as root, so you need to do what I posted.

The error message just means that MinimServer.sc was not already installed (not a problem).

Please try rebooting the NAS and doing the MinimServer 0.8.3.4 installation again. From what it says on this page, this is likely to solve the problem.
(09-04-2016 21:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]On DSM 6.0, you can't log in as root, so you need to do what I posted.

The error message just means that MinimServer.sc was not already installed (not a problem).

Please try rebooting the NAS and doing the MinimServer 0.8.3.4 installation again. From what it says on this page, this is likely to solve the problem.

:-( sadly still the same problem. i must be missing something. Should i re install java? or install an older version of minimserver?
(10-04-2016 05:05)imackify Wrote: [ -> ]:-( sadly still the same problem. i must be missing something. Should i re install java? or install an older version of minimserver?

For another idea, see this post. Please try running the command:

ls -l /usr/local/etc/services.d

If there is a MinimServer.sc file listed there, try removing it and then rebooting the NAS.
(10-04-2016 09:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]For another idea, see this post. Please try running the command:

ls -l /usr/local/etc/services.d

If there is a MinimServer.sc file listed there, try removing it and then rebooting the NAS.

running this command shows the file listed.
I want to delete it, but i dont know the command to use or where...i tried a few things but i dont want to accidentally do something irreversible.

sorry for my ignorance, last time i worked with a command line os was Dos lol.
(10-04-2016 12:52)imackify Wrote: [ -> ]running this command shows the file listed.
I want to delete it, but i dont know the command to use or where...i tried a few things but i dont want to accidentally do something irreversible.

sorry for my ignorance, last time i worked with a command line os was Dos lol.

OK, we are nearly there. Smile

You are right to be cautious about running Linux commands if you're not quite sure of the correct syntax. A misplaced space or other character can sometimes have disastrous consequences. To remove this file, enter the command:

sudo rm /usr/local/etc/services.d/MinimServer.sc

and enter your admin password when prompted.
(10-04-2016 13:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]OK, we are nearly there. Smile

You are right to be cautious about running Linux commands if you're not quite sure of the correct syntax. A misplaced space or other character can sometimes have disastrous consequences. To remove this file, enter the command:

sudo rm /usr/local/etc/services.d/MinimServer.sc

and enter your admin password when prompted.

Success! Thank you! You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Reference URL's