MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Directory name conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using both Sonos and Naim in my house and because Sonos doesn't support 24bit audio I have a complex folder arrangement for storing my music.

I've recently split out my classical recordings as MinimServer has a better reputation than Asset for indexing this content, but I immediately ran in to a problem.

The minim properties dialogue says "Directory name conflict; correct highlighted value and retry".

Here's what I've tries to set up as my content directories:

\\nas\Music\16bit\Classical
\\nas\Music\24bit\Classical
c:\BBC Radio

I'm guessing that the syntax checker is only looking at the directory name and not the entire unc path (but I could be wrong Huh)

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

thx
The conflict is on the "Classical" at the end of the paths. MinimServer uses this name internally as a unique identifier for the content directory. It is not a bug but an intentional limitation.
(07-04-2016 21:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The conflict is on the "Classical" at the end of the paths. MinimServer uses this name internally as a unique identifier for the content directory. It is not a bug but an intentional limitation.

Thanks for the info Simon. It's odd though, when I only have one path for classical Minim doesn't object, i.e.

\\nas\Music\16bit\Classical
c:\BBC Radio

This is ok, but adding a second line for the 24bit collection is when I get the error. I've also tried putting 24bit first and then the 16bit throws the error.

This suggests a different behaviour (and design) than you describe.
MinimServer uses the last field of the path as a unique internal identifier for the content directory.

If you have content directories named

/path/ending/Classical
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classical

this causes a conflict problem because the same internal identifier 'Classical' would represent two different content directories. You can resolve the conflict by renaming either of these 'Classical' directories to something else, for example:

/path/ending/Classical
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classic

or

/path/ending/Classical1
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classical2
(08-04-2016 09:32)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer uses the last field of the path as a unique internal identifier for the content directory.

If you have content directories named

/path/ending/Classical
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classical

this causes a conflict problem because the same internal identifier 'Classical' would represent two different content directories. You can resolve the conflict by renaming either of these 'Classical' directories to something else, for example:

/path/ending/Classical
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classic

or

/path/ending/Classical1
/anotherpath/alsoending/Classical2

ok, got you Idea. Thanks for the extra info. I'll change them to:

\\nas\Music\16bit\Classical16
\\nas\Music\24bit\Classical24

which will solve it.
Reference URL's