MinimServer Forum

Full Version: UnsatisfiedLinkError on Ubuntu x64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install MinimServer on my headless Ubuntu server running 12.04 x64, but I keep getting an error when running bin/startc:
Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/minim-native-7875338365460665013/libohNet.so: /tmp/minim-native-7875338365460665013/libohNet.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

I'm using openjdk-7-jre-headless (java version "1.8.0_77"). I read from some old posts that libstdc++6 would be the fix for this error, but I already have the library installed. MinimServer version is 0.8.3f.
(30-03-2016 20:09)Arzk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to install MinimServer on my headless Ubuntu server running 12.04 x64, but I keep getting an error when running bin/startc:
Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/minim-native-7875338365460665013/libohNet.so: /tmp/minim-native-7875338365460665013/libohNet.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

I'm using openjdk-7-jre-headless (java version "1.8.0_77"). I read from some old posts that libstdc++6 would be the fix for this error, but I already have the library installed. MinimServer version is 0.8.3f.

Is the filesystem containing '/tmp' mounted as 'noexec'?
Thanks, that seemed to be the problem! Quite obvious now when I think of it.
I'm somewhat concerned by this. The location of this temporary file changed in the last MinimServer update and I'm wondering whether I should revert back to the previous approach. Is it likely that many Linux users will have /tmp mounted as 'noexec'?
It's a security feature used in many "How to secure your server" guides, so maybe. I don't think it's usually set by default though. Could the location be set by the user, if they want to change the default value?
(01-04-2016 07:49)Arzk Wrote: [ -> ]It's a security feature used in many "How to secure your server" guides, so maybe. I don't think it's usually set by default though. Could the location be set by the user, if they want to change the default value?

Thanks for this information.

Rather than adding another configuration option, I would be more inclined to revert back to the previous approach that "just works" in all cases without the user needing to do anything.
Reference URL's