MinimServer Forum

Full Version: WAV file > 2GB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I tried to play a WAV file of 2.6GB (192kHz/24-bit) for the first
time and noticed that it did not appear on the MinimServer folder view.
What would be a possible cause? I use the latest Linux version.
(28-03-2016 19:37)MINORISUKE Wrote: [ -> ]Today I tried to play a WAV file of 2.6GB (192kHz/24-bit) for the first
time and noticed that it did not appear on the MinimServer folder view.
What would be a possible cause? I use the latest Linux version.

MinimServer supports WAV files up to the WAV specification length limit of 4GB. Did you do a MinimServer rescan after adding this file? Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log?
Thank you for your advice. I checked the log file and found an error.

Error: format error in WAV file [24-192] Mahler - Symphony No.2 - PO, Zander/05 - V Im Tempo des Scherzo.wav (length 2692657192)

This file was converted from FLAC with xrecodeII, which I usually use for conversion from FLAC to WAV. Since this is my first conversion in which the target WAV file size exceeds 2GB, there might be a conversion error caused by xrecodeII.
I converted the same FLAC file again into WAV and rescanned MinimServer library, but the result was the same. This WAV file is still invisible in the folder view.

I will try to find out some other conversion programs and to convert the same FLAC file into WAV.
(28-03-2016 21:01)MINORISUKE Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your advice. I checked the log file and found an error.

Error: format error in WAV file [24-192] Mahler - Symphony No.2 - PO, Zander/05 - V Im Tempo des Scherzo.wav (length 2692657192)

This file was converted from FLAC with xrecodeII, which I usually use for conversion from FLAC to WAV. Since this is my first conversion in which the target WAV file size exceeds 2GB, there might be a conversion error caused by xrecodeII.
I converted the same FLAC file again into WAV and rescanned MinimServer library, but the result was the same. This WAV file is still invisible in the folder view.

I will try to find out some other conversion programs and to convert the same FLAC file into WAV.

I use dBpoweramp for format conversions. It is quick and works well.
flac -d 05 - V Im Tempo des Scherzo.flac will do the trick. Or you can just use the flac file to save space and for the metadata.
Thank you, Simon and rompolompo.
I used dBpoweramp to convert FLAC into WAV, but the WAV file was still invisible. There was neither a warning nor an error message during the conversion.
I am wondering, because the WAV files of other 4 movements in the same folder smaller than 2GB came up and could be played back.
Only the 5th movement in WAV exceeds 2GB.
(29-03-2016 09:00)MINORISUKE Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, Simon and rompolompo.
I used dBpoweramp to convert FLAC into WAV, but the WAV file was still invisible. There was neither a warning nor an error message during the conversion.
I am wondering, because the WAV files of other 4 movements in the same folder smaller than 2GB came up and could be played back.
Only the 5th movement in WAV exceeds 2GB.

Is there any error message in the MinimServer log for the invisible WAV file?
The same format error as described in #3.
This problem is caused by a bug in the MinimServer code that reads WAV files. It will be fixed in the next MinimServer update. Many thanks for reporting the problem and helping me find the cause.
Hello Simon, I am glad to hear my input is going to contribute the quality improvement of your software.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's