MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running MinimServer on Synology ds213j, streaming to a Naim Unitiqute, and MinimServer has disappeared from the Naim app. In Package Center on Synology, it states the MinimServer requires an update, but there is no way to update it there. I am running the latest version of DSM. Do I need to Uninstall and re-install the MinimServer? Also, when I search in the Package Center for MinimServer, it is not found. Please advise.
Have you tried this (the part in between the ***) from the MinimServer documentation?

Online updates

From 0.8.1 onwards, MinimServer and MinimWatch can install online updates without needing to do a download and reinstall. When a new update becomes available, you'll see a pop-up dialog informing you about the update and asking if you want to install it. You can install the update from this dialog or you can ask to be reminded again later with another prompt. The reminder interval is 1 day by default, and this can be increased to a maximum of 30 days by setting the .updateReminder property. ***At any time, you can use the About dialog to check whether any online updates are available. After installing an online update, you need to select Relaunch from the update dialog for the update to become active.***
Bart,

I have Version 0.8.3.1 and it says it needs updating. The link from the pop-up dialogue works and when I click on 'Update Required', it takes me to the next screen, with another 'Update Required', that is not clickable and the only option I have is Action: Uninstall. When I search for MinimServer in the Package Center, it is not found. Debating on a manual install from the MinimServer website.
(27-03-2016 21:54)csmacread Wrote: [ -> ]Bart,

I have Version 0.8.3.1 and it says it needs updating. The link from the pop-up dialogue works and when I click on 'Update Required', it takes me to the next screen, with another 'Update Required', that is not clickable and the only option I have is Action: Uninstall. When I search for MinimServer in the Package Center, it is not found. Debating on a manual install from the MinimServer website.

You need to uninstall 0.8.3.1 (choosing the option to save the configuration) and then download 0.8.3.4 and install it manually as described on this page.
Thanks, Simon. Will do.
Good to go. Had to use the armv7 for the ds213j, but I'm fully functional.
Reference URL's