MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Installing on Synology DSM6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps this is documented elsewhere but just in case . . .

I was driving myself crazy as I could not get a fresh install to work on my new Synology DS216+

I did the manual install, but the box 'run after install' was checked. MinimServer would install but not run and manually trying to start it did not work.

After a few tries, I did an install with the 'run after install' box NOT checked. It installed fine and when I manually started it, it started! Yay!
(25-03-2016 23:01)Bart Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this is documented elsewhere but just in case . . .

I was driving myself crazy as I could not get a fresh install to work on my new Synology DS216+

I did the manual install, but the box 'run after install' was checked. MinimServer would install but not run and manually trying to start it did not work.

After a few tries, I did an install with the 'run after install' box NOT checked. It installed fine and when I manually started it, it started! Yay!

Thanks for this information. I'm not sure what could cause this.

Did you get any error message when "manually trying to start it did not work"?

Which version of DSM (5.2 or 6.0) were you using?

Which version of MinimServer (x86 or x64) did you download for the manual install?
I ended up trying both versions at first, as I thought it was a version problem. x64 is what ultimately worked (I'm pretty sure).

DSM 6.0

There was an initial error message when I first tried to manually start MinimServer, but I didn't write it down. After that first try, with MinimServer still showing up as stopped, I would try to run it and got no further error messages but it wouldn't run and remained stopped.

I'm sorry I didn't write down that error message!
Reference URL's