MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Synology - Upgrade to DSM 6.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Simon

just to say that upgrade to DSM 6.0 went well.

It sayid the package needed to be upgraded, so I had to manually download the package but it worked great !

Thanks
(24-03-2016 08:58)lyapounov Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon

just to say that upgrade to DSM 6.0 went well.

It sayid the package needed to be upgraded, so I had to manually download the package but it worked great !

Thanks

Could you tell me how to manually install? I don't know which package to download either (I have a DS214play, running an INTEL Atom CE5335 processor). Many thanks!
Sorted, it's the x86 package, worked a treat Smile
Yes x86; and BTW in DSM6 you have Java7 and Java8 (I use Java8); so no more need for the old style install.
When I try to go the URL of MinimServer to set up my content it doesn't connect as before. Port is 9790. Is there a permission on my Synology I have to open?
(24-03-2016 21:17)Priaptor Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to go the URL of MinimServer to set up my content it doesn't connect as before. Port is 9790. Is there a permission on my Synology I have to open?

This is working for me. Try rebooting the NAS and checking that the status of MinimServer in the Package Center is showing as Running.
I had problems when the Synology upgraded to DSM 6.0.

Initially the Synology reported Minimserver as requiring an upgrade. When I tried to upgrade via the normal route (Minimwatch) it didn't work. I uninstalled Minimserver and downloaded the latest version for a new manual install.

I hit the problem where DSM reported the package as 'unsigned' but followed the suggestion here that I change permissions to allow unsigned packages through.

After that, the new install went easily, with one exception - Minimstreamer had turned itself off and I had to reactivate the package. All is working well now.

Hope this is helpful in case there are others having similar problems.

Richard
(31-03-2016 10:33)rweten Wrote: [ -> ]I had problems when the Synology upgraded to DSM 6.0.

Initially the Synology reported Minimserver as requiring an upgrade. When I tried to upgrade via the normal route (Minimwatch) it didn't work. I uninstalled Minimserver and downloaded the latest version for a new manual install.

I hit the problem where DSM reported the package as 'unsigned' but followed the suggestion here that I change permissions to allow unsigned packages through.

After that, the new install went easily, with one exception - Minimstreamer had turned itself off and I had to reactivate the package. All is working well now.

Hope this is helpful in case there are others having similar problems.

Richard

Thanks for posting this. I realise this process is confusing. Unfortunately, Synology have not yet made the required MinimServer upgrade available via the Package Center even though I sent it to them over 6 weeks ago. This is why it is currently necessary to do a manual install.

I am working on adding some guidance to the MinimServer website for this upgrade procedure. This will be similar to what you have posted here.
The DSM 6.0 upgrade guidance notes are now available on this page.
Thank Simon. Just one question (and sorry if it's dim) - I already had Java7 installed and when I upgraded to DSM6.0 and reinstalled MinimServer it works fine with it. Reading the guidance, I've installed Java8 (so I have both). Should I remove Java7? And should I reinstall MinimServer with Java8 installed?
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's