MinimServer Forum

Full Version: New install on Synology 710NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a novice user trying to install MinimServer on a Synology 710 NAS. This is being installed from a Windows 10 desktop PC.

From the Synology Package Centre MinimServer says that it is stopped. If I try to run it, it says Loading, but then nothing happens.

The log file advises MinimServer: startup error
The log at the end states "MinimServer failure: now stopped, use 'relaunch' or 'refresh'

If I try to run MinimServer from the Main Menu, Google chrome advises "This site can't be reached. 10.1.1.30 refused to connect

Any advice would be much appreciated
Which version of DSM are you running? How did you install Java?

If you use File Station to view the MinimServer/appData folder, it should contain two files named minimserver.log and minimserver-out.log. Please attach both these files as file attachments to a post here.
Thanks for your reply Simon
DSM version 5.2-8977 Update 5
I installed java by following a thread that advised to install java 8, not java 7. Oracle didn't seem to like me installing java 7, so this is why I did that route.

First attachment attached here - I can't seem to have 2 attachments on the one post[attachment=1109]
The other attachment[attachment=1110]
(09-03-2016 22:34)RogerB Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply Simon
DSM version 5.2-8977 Update 5
I installed java by following a thread that advised to install java 8, not java 7. Oracle didn't seem to like me installing java 7, so this is why I did that route.

On DSM 5.2, you need to install 32-bit Java, not 64-bit Java.

The best approach is to follow the instructions on this page and install Synology Java Manager with Java 7. MinimServer is fully compatible with Java 7 and this is the only version officially supported by Synology on DSM 5.2.
I uninstalled Java, and reinstalled the correct version. Restart & all perfect.
Many thanks Simon
Reference URL's