MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer won't even start on Windows 10 machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just installed the server software on my Windows 10 desktop to give it a test run prior to the possible purchase of a Synology NAS. Each time I try to run it, it installs a red icon to the system tray (without removing prior ones) and I get a lengthy error message that rapidly disappears from my notification, something about "unexpected exception java lang." I thought my java installations for both 32-bit and 64-bit were okay, but something must not be right in the java department.

Here is the log entry for startup:

MinimServer 0.8.3 update 77, Copyright © 2012-2016 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_73-b02)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.73-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\miker\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\native\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:573)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceStack(OhNetService.java:480)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:383)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.access$1800(OhNetService.java:47)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$Proxy.createDeviceFactory(OhNetService.java:949)
at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.createDevice(MonitorService.java:263)
at org.jminim.lib.MonitorService$Monitor.listenerAdded(MonitorService.java:337)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.addEventListener(RuntimeImpl.java:1271)
at org.jminim.lib.RuntimeService$Proxy.addEventListener(RuntimeService.java:217)
at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:760)
at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:509)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:167)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:47)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1403)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:1054)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:117)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:621)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:204)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:30)
Startup complete

If I am missing java components or the like, please let me know what I should add to my system. Thanks.
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You are trying to run 64-bit MinimServer with 32-bit Java. See the Note to step 1 in this section for details of how to solve this.
(04-03-2016 07:43)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You are trying to run 64-bit MinimServer with 32-bit Java. See the Note to step 1 in this section for details of how to solve this.

Thank you. I think I need to keep the 32-bit Java version because I need it to run a web-based java applet on a website I frequent. I will install the 32-bit version of Minim Server as a replacement for the 64 bit.
(04-03-2016 07:55)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I think I need to keep the 32-bit Java version because I need it to run a web-based java applet on a website I frequent. I will install the 32-bit version of Minim Server as a replacement for the 64 bit.

This is a good solution. The only reason to run 64-bit MinimServer is for compatibility with 64-bit Java.
(04-03-2016 23:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2016 07:55)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I think I need to keep the 32-bit Java version because I need it to run a web-based java applet on a website I frequent. I will install the 32-bit version of Minim Server as a replacement for the 64 bit.

This is a good solution. The only reason to run 64-bit MinimServer is for compatibility with 64-bit Java.

Thanks. I installed the 32-bit. It took a long while for the server to appear on my dlna server list, but, once it did, it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help with this.
(04-03-2016 23:34)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I installed the 32-bit. It took a long while for the server to appear on my dlna server list, but, once it did, it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help with this.

The long while indicates a problem with UPnP multicast discovery on your network. If you can disable IGMP snoopong on your router and/or switch(es), this might be helpful.
(04-03-2016 23:42)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2016 23:34)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I installed the 32-bit. It took a long while for the server to appear on my dlna server list, but, once it did, it seems to work fine. Thanks for your help with this.

The long while indicates a problem with UPnP multicast discovery on your network. If you can disable IGMP snoopong on your router and/or switch(es), this might be helpful.

It's disabled on both bands of my router.

Akso, my Vortexbox's instance displays fine on the network but the minimserver on the Windows 10 system won't display as a library while the Vortexbox library is visible. Since the server is installed on two separate devices, is there any reason why both aren't visible to the controller at the same time? Logitech Media Server on both devices is visible simultaneously, so I would think that minimserver also could be.
(05-03-2016 10:00)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]It's disabled on both bands of my router.

Akso, my Vortexbox's instance displays fine on the network but the minimserver on the Windows 10 system won't display as a library while the Vortexbox library is visible. Since the server is installed on two separate devices, is there any reason why both aren't visible to the controller at the same time? Logitech Media Server on both devices is visible simultaneously, so I would think that minimserver also could be.

There shouldn't be any problem with running multiple servers on the same machine unless there is a port conflict between the servers. Also, there shouldn't be any problem with running multiple instances of MinimServer on different machines. I am doing both of these here with no issues.

What happens if you disable the Vortexbox library server instance? Does this make MinimServer discovery work correctly?
Actually, the desktop instance does not appear when I disable the Vortex box instance. I just noticed, though, that only the Vortexbox instances of LMS and Plex are visible in Bubble upnp right now. Everything was fine the other night. I obviously have bigger problems than just Minimserver issues. I will have to do some deeper digging.

Edit: Both Plex instances are visible now. User error in that case.
(05-03-2016 16:48)Mike Rubin Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the desktop instance does not appear when I disable the Vortex box instance. I just noticed, though, that only the Vortexbox instances of LMS and Plex are visible in Bubble upnp right now. Everything was fine the other night. I obviously have bigger problems than just Minimserver issues. I will have to do some deeper digging.

Edit: Both Plex instances are visible now. User error in that case.

I don't fully understand what you are saying here.

As a test, can you disable all other UPnP servers in your network except for MinimServer? Does this make MinimServer discovery work correctly?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's