MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer Install Failure Synology DS414slim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently updated Java on my Synology DS414slim. This caused an issue with MinimWatch where the box is red and the error message indicated there was an issue with a Java file. I removed and re-installed MininWatch but this did not fix the problem. I then removed MinimServer and tried to manually upload the MinimServer-0.8.3.4-armv7.spk package onto my NAS. The error message I am getting is that "The package is not supported on the platform of Diskstation". I have just upgraded to DSM 5.2-5644 Update 5 and am running Java 1.8.0_73-0037. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Java version 1.8.0_73-0037 is not supported by Synology Java Manager on DSM 5.2. I suggest you remove the Java and MinimServer packages and reinstall both Java and MinimServer by following the instructions on this page.
(22-02-2016 23:06)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Java version 1.8.0_73-0037 is not supported by Synology Java Manager on DSM 5.2. I suggest you remove the Java and MinimServer packages and reinstall both Java and MinimServer by following the instructions on this page.

I went to the Utilities section of Package Center but Java Manager is not there. However, the Community section has both Java SE Embedded 7 and Java SE Embedded 8. Installing Java 8 only results in the latest update being installed again, which from your response is causing the problem.
(23-02-2016 06:20)clio09 Wrote: [ -> ]I went to the Utilities section of Package Center but Java Manager is not there. However, the Community section has both Java SE Embedded 7 and Java SE Embedded 8. Installing Java 8 only results in the latest update being installed again, which from your response is causing the problem.

I am away from home and I don't have access to my Synology NAS. When I return home, I will try accessing the Community section from my DS115 to see what Java packages are there.

There must be something unusual about your model of NAS if Synology Java Manager isn't available. Perhaps it has a different "architecture" value from other Synology models that have a similar ARMv7 processor. This might explain why you are having a problem installing the ARMv7 version of MinimServer on this NAS. Can you post a screenshot of the error message that you are getting?
(23-02-2016 07:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-02-2016 06:20)clio09 Wrote: [ -> ]I went to the Utilities section of Package Center but Java Manager is not there. However, the Community section has both Java SE Embedded 7 and Java SE Embedded 8. Installing Java 8 only results in the latest update being installed again, which from your response is causing the problem.

I am away from home and I don't have access to my Synology NAS. When I return home, I will try accessing the Community section from my DS115 to see what Java packages are there.

There must be something unusual about your model of NAS if Synology Java Manager isn't available. Perhaps it has a different "architecture" value from other Synology models that have a similar ARMv7 processor. This might explain why you are having a problem installing the ARMv7 version of MinimServer on this NAS. Can you post a screenshot of the error message that you are getting?

Here is the screenshot you requested. This never happened using previous versions of Java SE Embedded 8, not sure why it is now. Doesn't appear I can go back to a previous version of Java either. My DS414slim is a 32 bit Marvel Armada 370 88F6707 .
If you click on Java Manager on this page, the expanded listing for the package shows DS414slim as one of the Applied Models. If you are not seeing the Java Manager package in the Package Center on your NAS, perhaps your NAS isn't a DS414slim but some other model. If your NAS is definitely a DS414slim, perhaps you could contact Synology support to ask why you are not able to install Java Manager on your NAS.
Reference URL's