MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Installing Minim Watch on Windows tablet with Intel Acorn CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this has been covered umpteen times before, but even Google didn't turn up anything useful.

I want to install Minimwatch on my ASUS 10" Windows 10 tablet. This has an Intel Atom Z8500 CPU. I tried installing the x86 version and it appeared to install OK and came up and told me that there was an update avaiable, so I went ahead and installed that as well. However, when I then tried to run Minimwatch, after about a second I got a fault message saying that some dll file was missiing. Which one, I'm not sure because the message disappears very quickly.

Two questions first off:
Can I run Minimwatch on this Intel Atom CPU?
Which SW version do I need to install?

Thanks in advance,

Roy
(21-02-2016 15:22)RMA Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has been covered umpteen times before, but even Google didn't turn up anything useful.

I want to install Minimwatch on my ASUS 10" Windows 10 tablet. This has an Intel Atom Z8500 CPU. I tried installing the x86 version and it appeared to install OK and came up and told me that there was an update avaiable, so I went ahead and installed that as well. However, when I then tried to run Minimwatch, after about a second I got a fault message saying that some dll file was missiing. Which one, I'm not sure because the message disappears very quickly.

Two questions first off:
Can I run Minimwatch on this Intel Atom CPU?
Which SW version do I need to install?

Thanks in advance,

Roy

The x86 version should be fine. After you get the error message, you should be able to select "Options > Show log (watch)" from the MinimWatch minim icon in the system tray to view the MinimWatch log. The log should include the error message. Please post the full error message here.
Is there something Freudian in your subject heading there ... The Intel Acorn CPU... Considering Intel's arch nemesis is ARM which was when originally launched the Acorn RISC Machine processor.

Sorry totally off topic...
I looked at the specs of the Intel Atom Z8500 and it seems this is a 64-bit CPU. If you are running 64-bit Windows 10 and 64-bit Java, you need MinimServer x64, not MinimServer x86.
Reference URL's