MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Failed update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for Minim Server. I have been trying to update to the latest version (for 64-bit Windows) but have repeatedly had to give up due to a 'DeleteFile failed code 32' error message - even though my current version of Minim is not Open and not being used by any hardware. I'd be grateful if you could advise, please. Thank you.
(05-02-2016 12:45)antan Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for Minim Server. I have been trying to update to the latest version (for 64-bit Windows) but have repeatedly had to give up due to a 'DeleteFile failed code 32' error message - even though my current version of Minim is not Open and not being used by any hardware. I'd be grateful if you could advise, please. Thank you.

Do you currently have MinimServer installed? If so, which version do you have installed?

Are you applying an update (for example, update 76 or 77) or are you installing a new version (for example, 0.8.3)?

If you are installing a new version, this message probably means that you have the current version of MinimServer running. This version must be stopped before you can do the install. To make sure the current version is not running, do the following:

1) Start the Task Manager and select the Processes tab
2) In the Image Name column, look for javaw.exe
3) Right-click the javaw.exe line and select End Process
4) At the confirmation prompt, click End process
5) Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 until there are no more javaw.exe lines shown

After completing the above, you should be able to install the new version.

If this doesn't work, the problem might be caused by some other program (for example, an antivirus program) accessing the files belonging to the previous version and you will need to stop the other program to enable you to do the install.
Many thanks, Simon - very helpful. I had 0.8.2 and was trying to install 0.8.3. Had stopped Minim sever but on checking Task Manager/Processes found Java Platform SE running. Ended process, reattempted 0.8.3 installation - successfully installed and working. Thanks again.
(06-02-2016 00:34)antan Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks, Simon - very helpful. I had 0.8.2 and was trying to install 0.8.3. Had stopped Minim sever but on checking Task Manager/Processes found Java Platform SE running. Ended process, reattempted 0.8.3 installation - successfully installed and working. Thanks again.

If you did 'Stop' from the minim icon, this doesn't exit the process. To exit the process, you need to do 'Exit' from the minim icon.

If you did 'Exit' from the minim icon, this is probably caused by an old bug in the old version of MinimServer that you were using.
(06-02-2016 08:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2016 00:34)antan Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks, Simon - very helpful. I had 0.8.2 and was trying to install 0.8.3. Had stopped Minim sever but on checking Task Manager/Processes found Java Platform SE running. Ended process, reattempted 0.8.3 installation - successfully installed and working. Thanks again.

If you did 'Stop' from the minim icon, this doesn't exit the process. To exit the process, you need to do 'Exit' from the minim icon.

If you did 'Exit' from the minim icon, this is probably caused by an old bug in the old version of MinimServer that you were using.
Thanks for the further tip, Simon. I had only clicked on Stop, not Exit.
Reference URL's