MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problem since update today..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reverted back and JPLAYSTREAMER works again.
(03-02-2016 23:35)TJHUB Wrote: [ -> ]Reverted back and JPLAYSTREAMER works again.

Thanks for letting me know. I have emailed Josef and I hope we will be able to find a solution soon.
(03-02-2016 23:04)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2016 20:58)Herman Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me, nothing plays. Is it possible to download the previous version somewhere? Thanks!

Herman.

Which renderer are you using?

You can revert to the previous version of MinimStreamer by doing the following:

1) From the minim icon, select 'Properties'
2) In the Properties window, select the Packages tab
3) In the 'Other package' field, type: minimstreamer-0.5.21
4) Click Install and follow the prompts
5) When the install has finished, click Relaunch

Simon, I am running W2012 Core, no icons... Any alternative way to revert? Thanks.
(04-02-2016 07:34)Herman Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, I am running W2012 Core, no icons... Any alternative way to revert? Thanks.

You can install MinimWatch on another PC on your local network and use the MinimWatch minim icon on the other PC to do this. See this page for instructions.
(04-02-2016 07:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2016 07:34)Herman Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, I am running W2012 Core, no icons... Any alternative way to revert? Thanks.

You can install MinimWatch on another PC on your local network and use the MinimWatch minim icon on the other PC to do this. See this page for instructions.

Yes of course overlooked that, music is back, thanks Simon!
I use JPLAY with minimstreamer in a dual pc arrangement, with BubbleDS next as control point. All files are flac. Today I too installed yesterday's update 76 and was unable to play any file. The control point displayed all details but tapping the play button did nothing. Log file is attached. I was able to stream Qobuz as normal. I reinstalled 0.5.21 and I can play files again.

Two days ago I had a problem which may or may not be connected. I installed Java Update 71 on my control PC following which I could not see minimserver on my control point even though it was running on the pc. I could see minimserver on my audio PC (where I had not updated Java) and was able to play files in a single PC arrangement. I am sure that minimserver was running when I installed the upgrade.

I restored my control PC to an earlier point after which minimserver stopped working altogether so I uninstalled it and Java. I installed Java Update33 (downloaded from a link on the JPLA manual) and a fresh download of minimserver (both 64bit Windows8). This restored all functionality. However I am nervous about installing further Java upgrades. Is there any reason I should from the minimserver aspect?
I have just released MinimStreamer 0.5.23. This reverts the change in 0.5.22 that caused a problem for JPLAYStreamer. I would appreciate feedback on whether JPLAYStreamer is working correctly with MinimStreamer 0.5.23.
(04-02-2016 20:25)trevorausten Wrote: [ -> ]I use JPLAY with minimstreamer in a dual pc arrangement, with BubbleDS next as control point. All files are flac. Today I too installed yesterday's update 76 and was unable to play any file. The control point displayed all details but tapping the play button did nothing. Log file is attached. I was able to stream Qobuz as normal. I reinstalled 0.5.21 and I can play files again.

Two days ago I had a problem which may or may not be connected. I installed Java Update 71 on my control PC following which I could not see minimserver on my control point even though it was running on the pc. I could see minimserver on my audio PC (where I had not updated Java) and was able to play files in a single PC arrangement. I am sure that minimserver was running when I installed the upgrade.

I restored my control PC to an earlier point after which minimserver stopped working altogether so I uninstalled it and Java. I installed Java Update33 (downloaded from a link on the JPLA manual) and a fresh download of minimserver (both 64bit Windows8). This restored all functionality. However I am nervous about installing further Java upgrades. Is there any reason I should from the minimserver aspect?

The problem with audio not playing should be fixed now in MinimStreamer 0.5.23.

Your other problem sounds like a firewall issue. When you installed a new version of Java, the new Java installation was probably blocked by your firewall settings. The fix is to go into your firewall settings and edit the rules that are causing the blockage.

For security reasons, it is always a good idea to be on the latest version of Java. Now that you know about the potential firewall issue, you should be able to correct any similar problems in future.
(04-02-2016 22:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have just released MinimStreamer 0.5.23. This reverts the change in 0.5.22 that caused a problem for JPLAYStreamer. I would appreciate feedback on whether JPLAYStreamer is working correctly with MinimStreamer 0.5.23.

Confirmed JPLAYStreamer working correctly with 0.5.23. Thanks Simon!

Nick
(04-02-2016 22:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have just released MinimStreamer 0.5.23. This reverts the change in 0.5.22 that caused a problem for JPLAYStreamer. I would appreciate feedback on whether JPLAYStreamer is working correctly with MinimStreamer 0.5.23.

Hello Simon,
JPLAYStreamer is working correctly with MinimStreamer 0.5.23.
Best regards,
Sylvain
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's