MinimServer Forum

Full Version: How to play more than one track at a time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My system:
Synology NAS 1513+ with BubbleUpnp and Minimserver installed
Control point software: Lumin or Linn Kinsky
Streamer/renderer: Oppo 105 via ethernet

It took me a while to find my way around Minimserver and Bubbleupnp etc., but I really like the Lumin app when pointed to Minimserver. It streams all file formats in native resolution etc.

However: it will only ever play a single track.

When I point Lumin to 'Diskstation' (the synology DLNA client I am assuming), I can click on the same track and play will continue until the end of the album. The problem is that that client does not play hi-rez files at native rez. It reduces everything to 16-bit according the Lumin display.

So: how do I get Lumin/Minimserver/Bubbleupnp to play more than one track at a time please?

Thanks
Additional data points:

Using Oppo Media control to go to Minimserver gives me the same single-track play behavior.

Going back to Lumin and choosing Diskstation also gives me single track play PLUS all the files are being downrezzed. Even 320 MP3 is downrezzed to 128k

I am very confused.

The only way I can play a full album, is via Oppo media control (poor interface and no data rez readout) and Diskstation (which downrezzes everything)...

Surely there has to be a better way?
A 'sort of' workaround using Lumin /Minimserver, is to find a track and hold my finger on it until the menu pops up allowing me to add the track to the end of a play list and do this for all the tracks I want to hear. Once they are in that list, they play in sequence and I can go back and forth through the list.

Not very convenient in an otherwise great app/server combo....
This looks like the same issue that you reported previously in this thread. See this post for my response.
Wow, I completely missed that post and I apologize.

Besides not having seen that posting, I wanted to share the new variables with the forum (different apps installed and sued with the same result), but now I (sort of) understand.

Out of curiosity, when do you think that release will be published?

On an unrelated subject although also to do with Minimserver: when I add new files to the music folder, they don't show up in Minim/Lumin until I do a rescan. In Lumin/Diskstation they show up immediately. Is there a setting I can force to make it update faster or even instantly?

Thank you for your help.
(30-01-2016 17:39)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I completely missed that post and I apologize.

Besides not having seen that posting, I wanted to share the new variables with the forum (different apps installed and sued with the same result), but now I (sort of) understand.

Out of curiosity, when do you think that release will be published?

On an unrelated subject although also to do with Minimserver: when I add new files to the music folder, they don't show up in Minim/Lumin until I do a rescan. In Lumin/Diskstation they show up immediately. Is there a setting I can force to make it update faster or even instantly?

Thank you for your help.
You can also do a rescan using the Lumin app.
Settings>Options>MinimServer Rescan
(30-01-2016 17:39)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I completely missed that post and I apologize.

In this case, it is better to append to the previous thread rather than start a new one.

Quote:Out of curiosity, when do you think that release will be published?

It should be fairly soon. I am testing it now.

Quote:On an unrelated subject although also to do with Minimserver: when I add new files to the music folder, they don't show up in Minim/Lumin until I do a rescan. In Lumin/Diskstation they show up immediately. Is there a setting I can force to make it update faster or even instantly?

Thank you for your help.

MinimServer requires a rescan to pick up newly added music. It isn't possible to speed this up. There might be some improvements to this in the future.
Reference URL's