MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Android player stops playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm new to Minimserver, just got MinimServer/Watch up and running and I'm having issues and other requests.

I am using UPnPlay on my Android phone as my music player, it was working fine with Mediaserver UPnP on my synology, but with Minimserver it works great for a few songs and then just stops playing and doesn't work again, even if I hit the play button... The icon in MinimWatch stays green.
Is it the android app? Anyone know of another one I can try?

The other issue I noticed after going through the logs is that it doesn't like apostrophes? there was a huge list in the log and looks like it bugs out on some punctuation.
Error: playlist playlists/Old School.m3u: unknown file ../The Who/Tommy (2003)/14 - There’s a Doctor.flac

My final issue is if I'm able to use this software to organize and create playlists, and if not, what do you recommend?

Thanks for your time!
(10-01-2016 03:45)aofi Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I'm new to Minimserver, just got MinimServer/Watch up and running and I'm having issues and other requests.

I am using UPnPlay on my Android phone as my music player, it was working fine with Mediaserver UPnP on my synology, but with Minimserver it works great for a few songs and then just stops playing and doesn't work again, even if I hit the play button... The icon in MinimWatch stays green.
Is it the android app? Anyone know of another one I can try?

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

BubbleUPnP is a very good control point for Android that works well with MinimServer. It includes a local renderer that you can use to play music on your phone.

Quote:The other issue I noticed after going through the logs is that it doesn't like apostrophes? there was a huge list in the log and looks like it bugs out on some punctuation.
Error: playlist playlists/Old School.m3u: unknown file ../The Who/Tommy (2003)/14 - There’s a Doctor.flac

My final issue is if I'm able to use this software to organize and create playlists, and if not, what do you recommend?

Thanks for your time!

Playlists containing UTF-8 characters must have the extension .m3u8, not .m3u.
Reference URL's