MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Playback question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm in the process of testing Minimserver on my system, in preparation for an eventual migration away from my trusty OPPO 105 as a primary renderer/streamer.
It says I have 191,000 tracks and 18,000 albums.

I use my OPPO 105 as a player/renderer/whatever you call it. I use the OPPO Media Control app on my Ipad and Iphone to browse and select music for playback.

In the Oppo app itself, I can click the name of my NAS and then navigate the folders etc. (I know how I have categorized and filed my music) until I find the album I want to listen to and then I select the first track and press play. The OPPO will then stream the entire album from that track forward. When I follow the same steps in the OPPO Media Control app but selecting Minimserver instead of the DiskStation, I can also navigate the folders (along with all the other filing options like albums, artists etc), but when I get to the first track I want to listen to, it will only play that track and not the ones after it.
Any ideas why this might be the case?
Thanks.
Am I the only user who:
1. browses through his music by folder to get to an album
2. Clicks on track 1 to start play
3. expects the entire album to play
4. Is too dense to figure out how to do this in Minimserver?

Just as a recap: I use an Ipad to go into OPPO Media Control app, then select Minimserver and drill into the folders. Should I browse via a different path after I select Minimserver?
When I just click on Diskstation from within the OPPO Media control app (instead of clicking Minimserver) and do the same folder browse, the entire album plays from the first track I select going forward. I am trying to achieve the same thing in Minimserver.
(05-01-2016 15:30)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only user who:
I always thought that what happened when you tap on a track depended on the control point, not the server. In my experience, some of them will load an entire album. I have never noticed a difference depending on how I got to the track in question (folder view vs browsing via the various tag options I have set up in MinimServer). Maybe the Oppo app is programmed to treat folder view differently?
Thanks Magister; One thing to note: I always get to the music via the OPPO Media Control app as a starting point.
If, once in there, I go straight to DiskStation and drill into the folder, the entire album plays from the first track I select.
If I select (still inside the same Oppo Media Control app) Minimserver instead of Diskstation and browse to the same folder and click on the same track, it only plays that one track.
So both approaches use the OPPO Media Control app, but get different results.

So it does not look like it is the Oppo app treating folderview differently.
(05-01-2016 15:30)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only user who:

Just as a recap: I use an Ipad to go into OPPO Media Control app, then select Minimserver and drill into the folders. Should I browse via a different path after I select Minimserver?
When I just click on Diskstation from within the OPPO Media control app (instead of clicking Minimserver) and do the same folder browse, the entire album plays from the first track I select going forward. I am trying to achieve the same thing in Minimserver.
1)no: hardly ever use FolderView.
2)yes.
3)yes.
4)don't think there is anything to figure out.

I think it depends on both app and streamer.
The Cambridge Audio SM6 streamer did work this way about 4years ago in combination with the former (IOS) StreamMagic app.
Just select an album (not influenced by the way you browse through Minim)click and play (like a CD).
This app did have some disadvantages, it was incredible slow and not quite reliable.
Nowadays, several Firmware updates later and in combination with the CA connect app an album first gets queued and user can choose to: play a track, entire album now,album next,add album to queue or replace queue with album.
This approach has resulted in a reliable much faster app but I personally think it is less user-friendly.
And guess what, selecting an album with the "old" app and click ,it just plays one track!!!

Peter
Hi Peter,
I had a Stream Magic 6 before moving to the Oppo.
I'm still stumped as to why I can only select a single track in Minimserver, when the control point software (Oppo Media Control) and the streamer hardware (Oppo 105 via ethernet) are identical. I am mooling for some input from the allegedly tens of thousands of happy, problem-free users of Minimserver, so I can at least begin to plan my next upgrade.
Apologies for the delay in responding. I have been away for a few days without access to my Synology DiskStation for testing.

I have checked the metadata that the DiskStation media server returns when browsing by folder. When using the DiskStation media server, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container.storageFolder'. When using MinimServer for folder browsing, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container'.

It looks like the OPPO control point is checking the container class and is playing the whole album if the container class is 'object.container.storageFolder' but not if the container class is 'object.container'.

I will change the UPnP container class for folders to 'object.container.storageFolder' in the next MinimServer update. I hope this will solve the problem.
(06-01-2016 11:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have checked the metadata that the DiskStation media server returns when browsing by folder. When using the DiskStation media server, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container.storageFolder'. When using MinimServer for folder browsing, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container'.

It looks like the OPPO control point is checking the container class and is playing the whole album if the container class is 'object.container.storageFolder' but not if the container class is 'object.container'.

I will change the UPnP container class for folders to 'object.container.storageFolder' in the next MinimServer update. I hope this will solve the problem.

This change is now available in MinimServer update 76.
(03-02-2016 18:20)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2016 11:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have checked the metadata that the DiskStation media server returns when browsing by folder. When using the DiskStation media server, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container.storageFolder'. When using MinimServer for folder browsing, each folder has a UPnP class of 'object.container'.

This change is now available in MinimServer update 76.

Thank you and I am sorry for this next question but it has been a very long day. How do I know which package to download for my synology 1513+ please?
(03-02-2016 18:37)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you and I am sorry for this next question but it has been a very long day. How do I know which package to download for my synology 1513+ please?

The simplest way to install this update is to select About from MinimWatch, then click 'Show updates' and follow the prompts.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's