MinimServer Forum

Full Version: ReverseName - functionality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems to me, that "reverseName" only works, if there is a "," between first and last name; is this a bug or a feature?

KlausHuh
(02-01-2016 17:05)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me, that "reverseName" only works, if there is a "," between first and last name; is this a bug or a feature?

I guess it's a feature, because there are names like "Gabriel Gracia Marquez" where "Garcia Marquez" is the last name. No chance to know that without the comma.
(02-01-2016 17:10)Dieter Stockert Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it's a feature, because there are names like "Gabriel Gracia Marquez" where "Garcia Marquez" is the last name. No chance to know that without the comma.

Yes, that's the reason. MinimServer reverses "lastname(s), firstname(s)" to "firstname(s) lastname(s)" but not the other way round.
(02-01-2016 17:52)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016 17:10)Dieter Stockert Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it's a feature, because there are names like "Gabriel Gracia Marquez" where "Garcia Marquez" is the last name. No chance to know that without the comma.

Yes, that's the reason. MinimServer reverses "lastname(s), firstname(s)" to "firstname(s) lastname(s)" but not the other way round.
Understood, seems to be logical from this point of view. So I have to manually update the tags before using "reverseName" featureAngry

Klaus
(02-01-2016 18:46)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]Understood, seems to be logical from this point of view. So I have to manually update the tags before using "reverseName" featureAngry

Klaus

See this post for some guidance on how this can be automated using Mp3tag.
(02-01-2016 20:39)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016 18:46)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]Understood, seems to be logical from this point of view. So I have to manually update the tags before using "reverseName" featureAngry

Klaus

See this post for some guidance on how this can be automated using Mp3tag.
Thanks, a really good solution - I try it as soon as possible.
Reference URL's