MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Tag Update causes Pointer exception
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying some Tag Update: J.S. Bach as Johann Sebastian Bach
the Property is set to : /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MinimServer/data/Tag_Upd.txt

Starting MinimServer I get the log you can see in the Fileattachment;

Whats wrong?

Thanks
Klaus
(01-01-2016 19:49)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying some Tag Update: J.S. Bach as Johann Sebastian Bach

Whats wrong?

Thanks
Klaus

Thanks for letting me know about this. I can see how this could happen if the tag update file starts with an '=' instruction instead of an '@' instruction. I will fix this in the next update. Is it possible that your tag update file had an '=' instruction as the first line when you got this exception?
(01-01-2016 22:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2016 19:49)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying some Tag Update: J.S. Bach as Johann Sebastian Bach

Whats wrong?

Thanks
Klaus

Thanks for letting me know about this. I can see how this could happen if the tag update file starts with an '=' instruction instead of an '@' instruction. I will fix this in the next update. Is it possible that your tag update file had an '=' instruction as the first line when you got this exception?
Thnks for your answer, Simon
Started just now with the update-statement in the attached *.txt file; same result - pointer exception.

Greetings
Klaus
(01-01-2016 23:28)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]Thnks for your answer, Simon
Started just now with the update-statement in the attached *.txt file; same result - pointer exception.

Greetings
Klaus

This file has a Unicode byte-order mark at the start. I will add some code to MinimServer to skip this mark if it is present. Many thanks!
(02-01-2016 00:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Greetings
Klaus

This file has a Unicode byte-order mark at the start. I will add some code to MinimServer to skip this mark if it is present. Many thanks!
Good news, Thank you.

Greetings from Austria,
KlausShy
(02-01-2016 10:34)Klaus57 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016 00:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Greetings
Klaus

Good news, Thank you.

Greetings from Austria,
KlausShy
One more information - just found out right now: if storing the file as "ANSI" it works without problems!
Klaus
(02-01-2016 00:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This file has a Unicode byte-order mark at the start. I will add some code to MinimServer to skip this mark if it is present. Many thanks!

This fix is now available in MinimServer update 76.
Reference URL's