MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver keeps crashing on Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to set up an Auralic Aries Mini on my brother's network. Everything is wired ethernet with Gigabit switches. The Synology is a 4-bay DS412+ with a total single volume of 8TB in hybrid raid. The Music folder sits at the root of the NAS share. The library is large (150,000 tracks or so). DSM is updated to the latest version. I installed Java and Minimserver. Now it crashes within a few minutes with the following error:

Unexpected exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Any ideas what is going on here? Thx for any feedback.
(28-12-2015 10:08)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to set up an Auralic Aries Mini on my brother's network. Everything is wired ethernet with Gigabit switches. The Synology is a 4-bay DS412+ with a total single volume of 8TB in hybrid raid. The Music folder sits at the root of the NAS share. The library is large (150,000 tracks or so). DSM is updated to the latest version. I installed Java and Minimserver. Now it crashes within a few minutes with the following error:

This message means that MinimServer has run out of available memory while scanning the library.

After MinimServer has crashed, please do the following:

1) Install and start MinimWatch on a PC or Mac if you haven't already done this
2) From the minim icon, select Properties
3) From the Advanced tab of the Properties window, set the resourceInfo property to 1000
4) From the minim icon, select Show log
5) Leave the log window open
6) From the minim icon, select Restart
7) After MinimServer has crashed, select 'Save as' from the log window and save the log data to a file
8) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here

I will look at the log file and advise you on next steps.
Thanks,
I tried 4 times to install Minimwatch on my Windows 10 laptop and every time the install fails with another weird java crap error.

Minimwatch unexpected exception java.lang.Unsatisfiedlinkerror bla bla:

MinimWatch 0.8.3 update 37, Copyright © 2012-2015 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b18)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.66-b18, mixed mode, sharing)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data\tmp\native\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createLibrary(OhNetService.java:573)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createControlPointStack(OhNetService.java:517)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.createDeviceListFactory(OhNetService.java:409)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService.access$2100(OhNetService.java:47)
at org.jminim.lib.OhNetService$Proxy.createDeviceListFactory(OhNetService.java:961)​
at org.jminim.lib.ObserverService.startOhNet(ObserverService.java:97)
at org.jminim.lib.ObserverService.access$300(ObserverService.java:42)
at org.jminim.lib.ObserverService$ObserverImpl.start(ObserverService.java:355)
at com.minimserver.watch.MinimWatch.doStart(MinimWatch.java:231)
at com.minimserver.watch.MinimWatch.start(MinimWatch.java:53)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:167)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RootContextImpl.startComponent(RootContextImpl.java:47)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:92)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1403)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:1044)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:117)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:621)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:204)
at com.minimserver.watch.launch.LaunchWatch.main(LaunchWatch.java:30)
Startup complete

(28-12-2015 12:34)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-12-2015 10:08)pvanosta Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to set up an Auralic Aries Mini on my brother's network. Everything is wired ethernet with Gigabit switches. The Synology is a 4-bay DS412+ with a total single volume of 8TB in hybrid raid. The Music folder sits at the root of the NAS share. The library is large (150,000 tracks or so). DSM is updated to the latest version. I installed Java and Minimserver. Now it crashes within a few minutes with the following error:

This message means that MinimServer has run out of available memory while scanning the library.

3) From the Advanced tab of the Properties window, set the resourceInfo property to 1000
7) After MinimServer has crashed, select 'Save as' from the log window and save the log data to a file

I will look at the log file and advise you on next steps.
This error is caused by installing the 64-bit version of MinimWatch with the 32-bit version of Java. See step 1 of this section for details of how to fix the problem.
(28-12-2015 17:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]This error is caused by installing the 64-bit version of MinimWatch with the 32-bit version of Java. See step 1 of this section for details of how to fix the problem.

Thanks will look into that
I am trying to follow these steps:

a. I have managed to install Java x64 and Minimwatch x64
b. When I doubleclick th eicon on the desktop, the app loads and minimizes itself to the taskbar bottom right (behind the up arrow)
c. When I click on that icon, nothing happens. When I rightclick on the icon, most of the options are greyed out, including properties. All I get, is Options, refresh and exit.

Your feedback is welcome as always.
I think I figured it out. I exited minimwatch, restarted minimserver, restarted minimwatch and I got the yellow icon, giving me access to the Properties and the advanced tab.

Thank you and will let you know what develops next.
If the server crashes again, how high can I set the resource number before it stops making sense to increase further?
Minimserver crashed again with out of memory error after 5 miniutes. Increased resource alloc to 1500.
Minimserver crashed again with out of memory error after 7 minutes. Increased resource alloc to 2000.
And crashed again after 6 minutes. Upping to 3000 but I don't think it will make a difference.

Any ideas what is going on here?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's