MinimServer Forum

Full Version: troubleshooting incorrect date values problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello!

I use the holidays to polish my music collection and trying to sort out the little problems which still might exist.

I keep getting error-messages like this:
Code:
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2010-28-12 in file id3v23/01-chelsea_wolfe_-_advice_and_vices-homely.mp3

Researching the problem, I found that the format for this DATE tag is YYYY-MM-DD. According to above error-message, it seems that the metadata of my MP3 is formatted in a wrong way, YYYY-DD-MM instead.

The thing is that in my tagging-program (Musicbrainz Picard), it is shown correctly. There, in the the GUI, it shows 2015-09-25. So why the confusion? I did a lot of testing, after which I find that when I save ID3-Tags in version 2.4 the problem disappears, but when I use version 2.3, this problem arises.

I also did tests with the command-line tool id3v2, which shows me the following output for the file above:

Code:
root@services_2:/usr/local/share/minimserver # id3v2 -l /media/musik/tagging/id3v23/01-chelsea_wolfe_-_advice_and_vices-homely.mp3
id3v2 tag info for /media/musik/tagging/id3v23/01-chelsea_wolfe_-_advice_and_vices-homely.mp3:
TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Advice & Vices
TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Chelsea Wolfe
TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 1/14
TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): The Grime and the Glow
TPOS (Part of a set): 1/1
TCON (Content type): Pop-Folk (53)
PRIV (Private frame):  (unimplemented)
TMED (Media type): Digital Media
TXXX (User defined text information): (SCRIPT): Latn
TXXX (User defined text information): (originalyear): 2010
TXXX (User defined text information): (Acoustid Id): 0665e321-3ae4-474c-aec4-f1baa09127c8
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Album Type): album
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Album Artist Id): 60e8e938-365e-4429-a141-4c79eb49588d
TXXX (User defined text information): (Release type): Normal
TSSE (Software/Hardware and settings used for encoding): LAME v3.97 -V 2 --vbr-new
TXXX (User defined text information): (Catalog #): PSR-0040
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Artist Id): 60e8e938-365e-4429-a141-4c79eb49588d
WXXX (User defined URL link): (): http://boomkat.com/
TXXX (User defined text information): (Ripping tool): Exact Audio Copy V0.95 beta 4
TDAT (Date): 2812
TSO2 ():  frame
TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompaniment): Chelsea Wolfe
TXXX (User defined text information): (Artists): Chelsea Wolfe
TXXX (User defined text information): (Supplier): Homely
TORY (Original release year): 2010
TXXX (User defined text information): (Source): WEB
TXXX (User defined text information): (Rip date): 2011-08-15
UFID (Unique file identifier): http://musicbrainz.org, 36 bytes
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Release Group Id): f8192470-1c68-420a-87d3-3afb02fc41f6
TSOP ():  frame
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Release Track Id): 1b5efcf7-3e16-3d3a-888b-fe60d7b63f54
TENC (Encoded by): Homely
TYER (Year): 2010
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Album Id): 0aa6742a-1018-428f-8f3b-c114c33df21b
APIC (Attached picture): (Chelsea Wolfe - The Grime And The Glow - Digital Media Cover)[, 3]: image/jpeg, 18438 bytes
TPUB (Publisher): Pendu Sound Recordings
TLAN (Language(s)): eng
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Album Release Country): US
TXXX (User defined text information): (MusicBrainz Album Status): official
/media/musik/tagging/id3v23/01-chelsea_wolfe_-_advice_and_vices-homely.mp3: No ID3v1 tag

In my research, I also found this thread on this forum, which points to the "TDAT"-field, which contains 2812 in the example above. As far as I understand the thread, this should be handled correctly by MinimServer.

I am lost now whether this is a problem of my tagger or MinimServer, or how I can fix this. I'd like to keep v2.3 over v2.4, as some devices of mine can't handle v2.4. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
airflow
Thanks very much for letting me know about this!

I have checked the code in MinimServer that handles the TDAT tag. The earlier fix for the TDAT bug is incomplete and as a result you will get this problem if the TDAT tag appears before the TYER tag but not if the TYER tag appears before the TDAT tag. In the file you have posted, the TDAT tag appears before the TYER tag and this is why you are getting the problem with this file.

I am sorry that you had to put so much effort into tracking down the cause of the problem. I will fix it in the next MinimServer update.
(27-12-2015 23:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I have checked the code in MinimServer that handles the TDAT tag. The earlier fix for the TDAT bug is incomplete and as a result you will get this problem if the TDAT tag appears before the TYER tag but not if the TYER tag appears before the TDAT tag. In the file you have posted, the TDAT tag appears before the TYER tag and this is why you are getting the problem with this file.

I am sorry that you had to put so much effort into tracking down the cause of the problem. I will fix it in the next MinimServer update.

This fix is now available in MinimServer update 76.
It seems the problem remained Sad
Quote:Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2003-17-01 in file Jazz Vocal/John Pizzarelli/John Pizzarelli Trio - John Pizzarelli Live at Birdland/05 - John Pizzarelli Trio - Isn't It A Pity.dsf
The full rescan was performed.
(03-02-2016 20:15)Mihaylov Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the problem remained Sad
Quote:Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2003-17-01 in file Jazz Vocal/John Pizzarelli/John Pizzarelli Trio - John Pizzarelli Live at Birdland/05 - John Pizzarelli Trio - Isn't It A Pity.dsf

Are you sure this is the same problem that the OP reported?

Is there a TDAT frame in this file? If so, what value does it contain?
I'm not sure. I guess that's another problem.
(04-02-2016 09:36)Mihaylov Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. I guess that's another problem.

The TDAT frame requires the date to be in DDMM format. If the date has been stored as MMDD, you will get the problem you are seeing.
OK. How can I see the TDAT frame in my file? (OS Win XP).
(04-02-2016 12:28)Mihaylov Wrote: [ -> ]OK. How can I see the TDAT frame in my file? (OS Win XP).

I use a hex editor for this. Alternatively, you can view the tagged data using a tagging program.
I'm getting a lot of TDAT warnings as well. I don't understand what's wrong, as both the day and month are not higher than 12 in a lot of cases. For example;

Code:
Warning: ID3v2 TDAT frame has incorrect value '2015-04-05' at offset 151 in file Series/Speicher/[komex_85]-patrice_bäumel-speicher_85_(2015)/01 Patrice Bäumel - Lowrider.mp3 (length 17215415)
Warning: ID3v2 TDAT frame has incorrect value '2015-04-05' at offset 151 in file Series/Speicher/[komex_85]-patrice_bäumel-speicher_85_(2015)/02 Patrice Bäumel - The Vanishing.mp3 (length 20898008)

What's wrong with these tags?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's