MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer not working after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MinimServer has stopped working on my QNAP. When I opened MinimWatch on my iMac (in order to do a rescan after adding new music) I was offered a software update (I think it was to MinimStreamer, but I might be wrong). I said yes, but MinimServer never rebooted properly and the MinimWatch minim symbol remains blue. If I try to open MinimServer from the QNAP app or via my browser I get a message saying that the server cannot be found.
(14-12-2015 20:32)Wammer Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer has stopped working on my QNAP. When I opened MinimWatch on my iMac (in order to do a rescan after adding new music) I was offered a software update (I think it was to MinimStreamer, but I might be wrong). I said yes, but MinimServer never rebooted properly and the MinimWatch minim symbol remains blue. If I try to open MinimServer from the QNAP app or via my browser I get a message saying that the server cannot be found.

It was probably an update to MinimStreamer.

Sometimes MinimServer fails to relaunch after an update. There should be some diagnostic information that would help me understand what has happened. Please do the following:

1) In the QNAP App Center, set MinimServer to OFF.
2) After this completes (about 15 seconds), look in the Public shared folder for a file named minimserver-diag.tar.gz. Copy this file to another location before you continue to the next step. Keep the file safe.
3) In the QNAP App Center, set MinimServer to ON. MinimServer should now be running normally.
4) I will send you a PM with suggestions for how to get the minimserver-diag.tar.gz file to me.
(14-12-2015 21:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-12-2015 20:32)Wammer Wrote: [ -> ]MinimServer has stopped working on my QNAP. When I opened MinimWatch on my iMac (in order to do a rescan after adding new music) I was offered a software update (I think it was to MinimStreamer, but I might be wrong). I said yes, but MinimServer never rebooted properly and the MinimWatch minim symbol remains blue. If I try to open MinimServer from the QNAP app or via my browser I get a message saying that the server cannot be found.

It was probably an update to MinimStreamer.

Sometimes MinimServer fails to relaunch after an update. There should be some diagnostic information that would help me understand what has happened. Please do the following:

1) In the QNAP App Center, set MinimServer to OFF.
2) After this completes (about 15 seconds), look in the Public shared folder for a file named minimserver-diag.tar.gz. Copy this file to another location before you continue to the next step. Keep the file safe.
3) In the QNAP App Center, set MinimServer to ON. MinimServer should now be running normally.
4) I will send you a PM with suggestions for how to get the minimserver-diag.tar.gz file to me.

Thanks Simon. Followed your instructions, and MInimServer now up and running again.
I think the same thing happened to me yesterday. TBH I wasn't concentrating as I should have been and just clicked on the popup in part because they go so smoothly and I was in a rush at the time. I noticed that the minimserver had disappeared and only seemed to be able to recover it by resetting the Melco. No big deal and I assumed it was a local weird issue.

Other info - I don't think it was connected in any way (although maybe the initial event confused router tables - but shouldn't have been able to) but after this I couldn't access the Melco as a NAS from my W7 PC without taking everything down and bringing it back up top down - router, switches etc.. I add this only for interest/info but don't see this as minimserver related. Resetting adapters and independent resets just didn't seem to work but **** happens sometimes. Smile
(15-12-2015 15:15)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]I think the same thing happened to me yesterday. TBH I wasn't concentrating as I should have been and just clicked on the popup in part because they go so smoothly and I was in a rush at the time. I noticed that the minimserver had disappeared and only seemed to be able to recover it by resetting the Melco. No big deal and I assumed it was a local weird issue.

Other info - I don't think it was connected in any way (although maybe the initial event confused router tables - but shouldn't have been able to) but after this I couldn't access the Melco as a NAS from my W7 PC without taking everything down and bringing it back up top down - router, switches etc.. I add this only for interest/info but don't see this as minimserver related. Resetting adapters and independent resets just didn't seem to work but **** happens sometimes. Smile

If this happens again, please check the minimserver.log file in the 'share' folder of the Melco (before you power off the Melco to restart MinimServer) and post any error messages here. Thanks!
Reference URL's