MinimServer Forum

Full Version: update 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon,

I have just updated minimserver on the servers. QNAP TS421's and a Melco.

All devices are up and running physically and I can access files via windows explorer etc. but not so good with minimserver/minimwatch at the moment. Below is as much detail as I have:

One QNAP bounced back on the new version as usual and without any obvious problem.
The other QNAP is showing as present on minimwatch but stopped and didn't seem to respond to a restart request.
The MELCO itself is accessible but the server isn't showing up on minimwatch at all.
Only the first 'OK' QNAP is showing up as an option in Kazoo.

I have rebooted all of the servers (including the Melco) but this didn't appear to make any difference with each returning to the same state.

I accessed the log of the OK server and the stopped one and nothing of note there. I also managed to access the device page of all them (accessed it on the OK one and just amended the IP address to access each server). All respond with version 73 and as running. Minimwatch is only showing the original OK one.

I then updated the QNAP firmware on the stopped one just in case it might be linked but I would doubt that as the working one hasn't been updated. On restart (it's second) it did eventually show in Kazoo but still isn't showing in minimwatch. I have rebooted the router already.

I am updating the other QNAP now (again without optimism that it is connected). When that is done. I will reboot everything and post again. Not too clear what to try with the Melco.

Back soon.
Quick addendum - the Melco has indeed recovered 'on its own'.

Reading the release notes is the software doing some sort of fresh index that takes a particularly long time on first startup? It will porbably have been over 15 or 20 mins though and I doubt that.
Simon,

Apologies for wasting your time but all servers are now working OK and showing in minimwatch.

Still not sure what happened but there was no sign of them in minimwatch for a while and not sure why one showed as stopped. There is no obvious explanation for them to suddenly start working but I am wondering if an index rebuild is part of the reason for that. But its not the whole answer unless there is a dramatic change in indexing timings. i.e. I was able to complete a range of investigations, have coffee, scratch my head etc. double check and reboot numerous times.


Anyway - apologies for the scare.
(02-12-2015 12:30)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,

Apologies for wasting your time but all servers are now working OK and showing in minimwatch.

Still not sure what happened but there was no sign of them in minimwatch for a while and not sure why one showed as stopped. There is no obvious explanation for them to suddenly start working but I am wondering if an index rebuild is part of the reason for that. But its not the whole answer unless there is a dramatic change in indexing timings. i.e. I was able to complete a range of investigations, have coffee, scratch my head etc. double check and reboot numerous times.

Anyway - apologies for the scare.

This sounds like a network glitch. The update should not cause any change to MinimServer scanning performance.
(02-12-2015 12:47)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015 12:30)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,

Apologies for wasting your time but all servers are now working OK and showing in minimwatch.

Still not sure what happened but there was no sign of them in minimwatch for a while and not sure why one showed as stopped. There is no obvious explanation for them to suddenly start working but I am wondering if an index rebuild is part of the reason for that. But its not the whole answer unless there is a dramatic change in indexing timings. i.e. I was able to complete a range of investigations, have coffee, scratch my head etc. double check and reboot numerous times.

Anyway - apologies for the scare.

This sounds like a network glitch. The update should not cause any change to MinimServer scanning performance.

I had thought that but had expected that resetting the router early on would fix it but there was no change. It still may have been network related - but as ever not clear. The main thing is that there is no residual issue - thanks
Reference URL's