MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Java version question - PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon,

Apologies for a less than clear question but I can't remember or find the original PMs or messages. For info I run Minimserver on QNAP TS 421 (arm) and latterly on a Melco

I seem to remember installing an older version of Java on my W7 to get something (Minimserver related) to work. Stupidly I can't quite remember what that was but assume it must have been minimwatch. This was some time ago and I have persisted with this having no other choice (as I have understood it). Whenever I update Java in the PC for its reasons it prompts me to remove old versions but I don't do this for fear of trashing things.

Again apologies for what is a vague memory of things and a partial understanding but :

I wonder if I have missed communications about this over the past year or so and so - Is this still necessary and if so are there any plans to bring this up to date?

Thanks

Martin
(25-11-2015 10:56)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,

Apologies for a less than clear question but I can't remember or find the original PMs or messages. For info I run Minimserver on QNAP TS 421 (arm) and latterly on a Melco

I seem to remember installing an older version of Java on my W7 to get something (Minimserver related) to work. Stupidly I can't quite remember what that was but assume it must have been minimwatch. This was some time ago and I have persisted with this having no other choice (as I have understood it). Whenever I update Java in the PC for its reasons it prompts me to remove old versions but I don't do this for fear of trashing things.

Again apologies for what is a vague memory of things and a partial understanding but :

I wonder if I have missed communications about this over the past year or so and so - Is this still necessary and if so are there any plans to bring this up to date?

Thanks

Martin

MinimWatch and MinimServer support all versions of Java 7 and Java 8. This has been the situation for as long as I can remember.

If you are using MinimWatch or MinimServer x64 with 64-bit Java on a Windows PC, you need to be careful to make sure the Java update is also the 64-bit version of Java. If you follow the Java default update prompts using a 32-bit web browser, you will get the 32-bit version of Java. To avoid this problem, you can download the x64 version of the Java update from this page.
(25-11-2015 11:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-11-2015 10:56)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,

Thanks

Martin

MinimWatch and MinimServer support all versions of Java 7 and Java 8. This has been the situation for as long as I can remember.

If you are using MinimWatch or MinimServer x64 with 64-bit Java on a Windows PC, you need to be careful to make sure the Java update is also the 64-bit version of Java. If you follow the Java default update prompts using a 32-bit web browser, you will get the 32-bit version of Java. To avoid this problem, you can download the x64 version of the Java update from this page.

Simon

Apologies - I am thinking now that I am confusing this with something else music related. I just had it in the back of my head that it was minimserver related.
Reference URL's