MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Odd error in log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simon,

I have a weird thing at the minute. Context is I have multiple NAS which duplicate the music collection all of which have minimserver running on them. On one of the NAS I get the error shown at the bottom of the post.

I deleted the album from that NAS and then copied it from another NAS which hadn't shown that error (note I have 4 NAS copies running and running minimserver against the others show no errors).

A similar error reappeared. So I thought perhaps as it mentions image (I am not sure if this means an image file or not) I would change the album art using Perfect Album Art. I tried several different options of that and it doesn't appear to matter what I do - the error reoccurs.

I have restarted minimserver numerous times and also the NAS itself but I am still getting the same error and I yet I don't get it on the other servers?

Can you point me at what the issue is and any suggestions?

Current time is Sun Nov 22 14:25:49 GMT 2015 in time zone Europe/London
starting MinimServer[HAYESTS421]
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 319 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/03 - Fat Old Sun.flac (length 48374560)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 1613 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/07 - A Great Day for Freedom.flac (length 42330775)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 334 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond.flac (length 74667699)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 318 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/04 - High Hopes.flac (length 65980550)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 314 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/05 - Echoes.flac (length 161888891)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 324 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/08 - Comfortably Numb.flac (length 4310518)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 324 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/02 - Astronomy Domine.flac (length 35948031)
Error: format error reading image dimensions at offset 326 in file David Gilmour/Live In Gdansk (CD 2)/06 - Wish You Were Here.flac (length 38334647)
I haven't seen this error before. It means the file metadata format is corrupt. What type of NAS is giving the problem and how did you copy the file to this NAS?
OK.

Its a QNAP server (TS421) - arm. When I replaced the file I copied the file with a simple highlight, control c from a windows PC and pasted it onto the server - same as usual TBH.

Whats most confusing is that ostensibly the servers, minimserver etc are all the same and yet I get the error on one of the boxes only. The 4th copy is on the Melco but running minimserver. There is no issue there either.
(22-11-2015 16:20)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]OK.

Its a QNAP server (TS421) - arm. When I replaced the file I copied the file with a simple highlight, control c from a windows PC and pasted it onto the server - same as usual TBH.

Whats most confusing is that ostensibly the servers, minimserver etc are all the same and yet I get the error on one of the boxes only. The 4th copy is on the Melco but running minimserver. There is no issue there either.

If you copy the "bad" file back to your Windows PC and run the Windows "comp" command to compare it with a "good" file copied back from another NAS to the Windows PC, does "comp" think the files are identical or different?
(22-11-2015 22:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-11-2015 16:20)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]OK.

If you copy the "bad" file back to your Windows PC and run the Windows "comp" command to compare it with a "good" file copied back from another NAS to the Windows PC, does "comp" think the files are identical or different?
Simon, I am on Windows 7 and not sure if that works still but will check/try tomorrow and get back to you. Thx.
Simon

I have copied the same folder from the 2 different NAS and started to compare them on the PC using the FC command on its own and then the FC /B command which I assume is correct?

I am doing this one by one but just to let you know that the first one returned a 'no differences encountered' response for both types of compare. Scratching my head a little now.

Not really sure what the error means but I will start googling it as I assume from your comment it isn't generated by minimserver just reported?

Thanks

Compared 5 or 6 files and they are all coming back as no differences.
(23-11-2015 12:08)Martin H Wrote: [ -> ]Simon

I have copied the same folder from the 2 different NAS and started to compare them on the PC using the FC command on its own and then the FC /B command which I assume is correct?

I am doing this one by one but just to let you know that the first one returned a 'no differences encountered' response for both types of compare. Scratching my head a little now.

Not really sure what the error means but I will start googling it as I assume from your comment it isn't generated by minimserver just reported?

Thanks

Compared 5 or 6 files and they are all coming back as no differences.

This error mesage is generated by MinimServer when it reads a file containing corrupt metadata.

I use the Windows "comp" command to compare files.

If you would like to upload one of these files to my FTP server, I will look at the metadata to see if there are any problems. I will PM you the server details. Please upload just one file.
Simon,

Will do.

My confusion stems from why ostensibly the same file triggers that message on one NAS but the other doesn't. But I will wait for you to explain.

I will re copy the same folder again from the NAS I copied the folder for comparison and rescan. I don't 'think' that's any different but it should rule out any doubt.
Simon

See PMs.
I have looked at the FLAC file and I see the cause of the problem. The picture metadata says that the file contains a JPEG image of length 0 bytes. MinimServer isn't expecting a length of 0 bytes and is trying to read an image that isn't there.

This should fail on all types of NAS. I can't explain why it fails on some but works on others.

I will add a check for 0 bytes in the next update. Thanks for letting me know about this.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's