MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Oppo BDP-95 and minim server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
this is mi first post to the forum. I am enthousiast with minim which is the only satisfactory server which works with classical musical.

I am now submitting a question with is maybe more a network setup question rather than a server issue.
Here it is my home network (hop my ASCII artwork is OK)

+...........___________.......................LAN1|.........._______
+ADSL ---> |.ADB220....|--10/100----------------/.|./------>|WNR3500|--GE--> [QNAP TS219P]
+(WAN).....|.(AP1).....|--10/100-->[Oppo BDP95]...|.........|..AP2..|--GE--> [PCH A-300]
+......... |___________|--10/100-->[PCH C-200]....|LAN2.....|_______|
+............... ^
+................^
+..........[Samsung Galaxy 4]

ADB200 modem/router/AP with DHCP on. Only 10/100 RJ45 ports
WNR350 is a router AP with DHCP off. GE TJ45 ports
QNAP TS219P run a minim musica server
Samsung galaxy 4 is a smartphone running a BubbleUpNP server
WNR3500 and ADB220 are physically located in two different room (30 mt distant) and they access points AP1 and AP2 are active
LAN1 is a 10/100 network, LAN2 is a GE network (I assume that device in LN2 talk each other @GE rate)

Here it is what I observe
- from LAN1 (the network which connect the Oppo and the ADB) the Oppo is not aware of *ANY* network server
- if I run the Bubble UPnP server on the smartphone the Oppo detect the UPnP server
- I can play music and movies residing on the NAS form the popcorn A300 (The Popcorns use a proprietary solution for this called NMJ Navigator)
- If I stay in LAN1 I can select as renderer (from my UPnP app on the smartphone) either A300 or C200
I did not tray the same from LAN2

thanks much to who'll look into this
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

UPnP discovery problems like this are often related to IGMP snooping. If there is a configuration option to disable IGMP snooping on either the ADB220 or the WNR3500, this might help.
hello simon
thanks for your reply
here is an update
- I disable IPGM from the ADB220
- what about UPnP? should I disable UPnP from LAN2 router (the Netgear) and leave it enabled on the ADB only
BTW I can see the minim server icon on both my laptop and the Popcorn C-200: I linked the media directory on the minm server config (on the QNAP NAS) and do a rescan. Unfortunately if I click the minim server icon on the network section of 'My Computer' (Windows 10) it says that 'no content found
I did not touch any port on the TCP/IP of minim (just let the default

Thanks
(23-11-2015 09:46)stanzani Wrote: [ -> ]hello simon
thanks for your reply
here is an update
- I disable IPGM from the ADB220
- what about UPnP? should I disable UPnP from LAN2 router (the Netgear) and leave it enabled on the ADB only

I don't know enough about your network components to be able to say whether it will be better to have UPnP enabled or disabled. You could start by enabling UPnP on both and then try disabling it on one or the other or both (4 combinations altogether) to see which works best.

Quote:BTW I can see the minim server icon on both my laptop and the Popcorn C-200: I linked the media directory on the minm server config (on the QNAP NAS) and do a rescan. Unfortunately if I click the minim server icon on the network section of 'My Computer' (Windows 10) it says that 'no content found
I did not touch any port on the TCP/IP of minim (just let the default

Thanks

If you are getting a red minim icon with the message "no content directory selected". the mean you don't have anything specified in the content directory setting of your MinimServer configuration. To fix this, open the MinimServer status web page and enter the full path to your content directory using the instructions on this page.
Reference URL's