MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Migrate From Synology To Another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently running Minim on a DS214 but need to expand, so was planning on moving to a DS415play and adding more disk.

I understand how to transfer the disks from the old NAS to the new, but presumably will need to change Minim Server/Streamer/Watch to reflect the new processor type (and Java too?).

Is there an idiot's guide to doing this, or is is just a matter of uninstalling the old package and reinstalling a new one once I've transferred the disks?
(19-11-2015 10:10)nicklees600 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently running Minim on a DS214 but need to expand, so was planning on moving to a DS415play and adding more disk.

I understand how to transfer the disks from the old NAS to the new, but presumably will need to change Minim Server/Streamer/Watch to reflect the new processor type (and Java too?).

Is there an idiot's guide to doing this, or is is just a matter of uninstalling the old package and reinstalling a new one once I've transferred the disks?

I would be surprised if you could transfer the disks without installing the correct version of DSM for the new model of NAS. When you install the new version of DSM, you will lose all your previously installed packages (including MinimServer and Java) and you will need to reinstall them.

If you have customized the default MinimServer properties, you will need to apply your custom settings after reinstalling MinimServer. To make sure this goes smoothly, you should make a careful note of your current settings.
Ah. OK. This is all excitingly (and slightly terrifyingly) new.

In which case, precise notes will be taken!

Many thanks, Nick
(19-11-2015 11:33)nicklees600 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah. OK. This is all excitingly (and slightly terrifyingly) new.

In which case, precise notes will be taken!

Many thanks, Nick

You should also check whether or not your music library files will be preserved. You might need to completely erase the disks as part of the disk swap to the new NAS. If so, you need to have a backup of your music library and any other data before you swap the disks.
Reference URL's