MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Reinstalling Minim Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have been unable to use Minim Server tonight as it keeps showing error messages. I tried to uninstall it, download again, and reinstall, but it keeps telling me I can't uninstall or delete it because I have folders open in another program. I have no idea where. I now have no Minim Server I can use but my system keeps telling me I have and can't delete it because I have folders open in other programs, and so I can't resintall it either. Sorry, but I am really getting a bit desperate with this program. It is not intuitive, not easy for a non-technical person like me. But I depend on it because I understand it is the only program that works with my Auralic Aries bridge.

Grateful any help you can give.

Many thanks

Peter
(09-11-2015 12:54)peter Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I have been unable to use Minim Server tonight as it keeps showing error messages. I tried to uninstall it, download again, and reinstall, but it keeps telling me I can't uninstall or delete it because I have folders open in another program. I have no idea where. I now have no Minim Server I can use but my system keeps telling me I have and can't delete it because I have folders open in other programs, and so I can't resintall it either. Sorry, but I am really getting a bit desperate with this program. It is not intuitive, not easy for a non-technical person like me. But I depend on it because I understand it is the only program that works with my Auralic Aries bridge.

Many thanks

Peter

If you see an error message, the best way to get help is to post the exact wording of the error message to this forum. You will usually get a quick response with advice for solving the problem. If you are still seeing the error message now, what exactly does it say?

Are you running MinimServer on Windows? To solve the problem with folders being open in other programs, you can reboot the PC. After this, the folders should no longer be open and you should be able to delete them. If you're not able to delete them, please post a screenshot showing the error you are getting.
(09-11-2015 13:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2015 12:54)peter Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Many thanks

Peter

If you see an error message, the best way to get help is to post the exact wording of the error message to this forum. You will usually get a quick response with advice for solving the problem. If you are still seeing the error message now, what exactly does it say?

Are you running MinimServer on Windows? To solve the problem with folders being open in other programs, you can reboot the PC. After this, the folders should no longer be open and you should be able to delete them. If you're not able to delete them, please post a screenshot showing the error you are getting.

Thanks. The error message I keep getting is 'Minim Server unexpected exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLInkError:c.:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\d'
Have just received MS update and am still getting the error message.
(09-11-2015 22:52)peter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. The error message I keep getting is 'Minim Server unexpected exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLInkError:c.:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\d'

Thanks for this information. There is some text truncated from the end of this message. You should be able to see the complete message by selecting 'Show log' from the minim icon. Please copy and paste the complete message here.
(09-11-2015 22:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2015 22:52)peter Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. The error message I keep getting is 'Minim Server unexpected exception java.lang.UnsatisfiedLInkError:c.:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\d'

Thanks for this information. There is some text truncated from the end of this message. You should be able to see the complete message by selecting 'Show log' from the minim icon. Please copy and paste the complete message here.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\native\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform
(10-11-2015 00:14)peter Wrote: [ -> ]java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\native\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform

The problem is caused by installing a Java update recently. You have installed MinimServer x64 and you originally had the 64-bit version of Java installed to match this. Unfortunately, the Java update process can change the Java version from 64-bit to 32-bit if you install the update from a 32-bit browser.

The simplest fix to uninstall 32-bit Java from Control Panel > Programs and Features and then manually install the 64-bit version of Java using the Windows x64 download (.exe version) from this page.
(10-11-2015 09:09)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2015 00:14)peter Wrote: [ -> ]java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\native\ohNet.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform

The problem is caused by installing a Java update recently. You have installed MinimServer x64 and you originally had the 64-bit version of Java installed to match this. unfortunately, the Java update process can change the Java version from 64-bit to 32-bit if you install the update from a 32-bit browser.

The simplest fix to uninstall 32-bit Java from Control Panel > Programs and Features and then manually install the 64-bit version of Java using the Windows x64 download (.exe version) from this page.

Thank you Simon. That's got Minim Server working again on my NAS. I now have the Aurilac LIghting DS app telling me the server is offline, but I suspect that is not your problem. Many thanks for helping me get your program up and running again.

Peter
Reference URL's