MinimServer Forum

Full Version: BBC Radio Dropouts & Stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been successfully using MinimServer / MinimStreamer for a few months to play the BBC HLS streams on my SONOS system (great work, BTW!).

Recently I'm experiencing dropouts and the occasional complete stop when listening. This issue coincides with both changing my router and a recent update to MinimStreamer so I'm not sure where the problem lays. After reading another thread here yesterday I added a "delayHLS=10" parameter to stream.options and while this seemed to improve matters initially, I'm still experiencing both dropouts and stops.

I've attached a couple of trace files and would be grateful for any feedback. I'm running MinimServer 0.8.3 update 69 and MinimStreamer 0.5.16 on a Windows 7 machine
(23-10-2015 06:41)st13phil Wrote: [ -> ]I've been successfully using MinimServer / MinimStreamer for a few months to play the BBC HLS streams on my SONOS system (great work, BTW!).

Recently I'm experiencing dropouts and the occasional complete stop when listening. This issue coincides with both changing my router and a recent update to MinimStreamer so I'm not sure where the problem lays. After reading another thread here yesterday I added a "delayHLS=10" parameter to stream.options and while this seemed to improve matters initially, I'm still experiencing both dropouts and stops.

I've attached a couple of trace files and would be grateful for any feedback. I'm running MinimServer 0.8.3 update 69 and MinimStreamer 0.5.16 on a Windows 7 machine

These problems aren't related to your new router or the MinimStreamer update.

The first log shows a failure in the BBC server that started at 06:19:02 and lasted until at least 06:19:32.

The problem in the second log was caused by adding the delayHLS setting. This caused the SONOS to receive more audio data than it could play in real time and MinimStreamer closed the connection because the SONOS wasn't responding. Please remove the delayHLS setting as this is not helpful in your situation.
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for the quick response. It sounds like the root cause of the issue is the BBC. So no change there...
Reference URL's