MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When using MinimStreamer I frequently suffer from the BBC station dropping out and the Streamer searching for the next one it can open. Should I update my version of MinimServer? Can it be done easily or must I install the latest version and set it all up again?

Keith
(10-10-2015 17:33)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]When using MinimStreamer I frequently suffer from the BBC station dropping out and the Streamer searching for the next one it can open. Should I update my version of MinimServer? Can it be done easily or must I install the latest version and set it all up again?

Keith

Which version of MinimStreamer are you using at the moment? You can see this by selecting About from the minim icon. There haven't been any recent changes in this area.

You might be able to reduce the dropouts by using the delayHLS option as described in this section. Try setting delayHLS=20 to see if this makes a difference.
(10-10-2015 22:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2015 17:33)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]When using MinimStreamer I frequently suffer from the BBC station dropping out and the Streamer searching for the next one it can open. Should I update my version of MinimServer? Can it be done easily or must I install the latest version and set it all up again?

Keith

Which version of MinimStreamer are you using at the moment? You can see this by selecting About from the minim icon. There haven't been any recent changes in this area.

You might be able to reduce the dropouts by using the delayHLS option as described in this section. Try setting delayHLS=20 to see if this makes a difference.

Thanks Simon. I'm using version 0.8.3. I'll try your recommendation and post again if there's still a problem.
(11-10-2015 10:12)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon. I'm using version 0.8.3. I'll try your recommendation and post again if there's still a problem.

There is no version 0.8.3 of MinimStreamer. For MinimStreamer, the version number would be something like 0.5.x. You can see the version number by selecting About from the minim icon.

Keith

I would be interested to see a debug log. This would give me more information about what is causing the dropouts. Please do the following:

1) Make sure you are running the latest MinimStreamer version 0.5.14
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the logging window open
5) Select the last stream in the playlist, so that MinimServer doesn't move on to another stream when the problem occurs
6) When the stream stops unexpectedly, click 'Save as' in the log window to save a log file
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here as a file attachment (not pasted inline)
8) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info

Thanks very much!
(12-10-2015 13:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Keith

I would be interested to see a debug log. This would give me more information about what is causing the dropouts. Please do the following:

1) Make sure you are running the latest MinimStreamer version 0.5.14
2) From the minim icon, select 'Show log'
3) In the log window, change the logging level to Debug
4) Leave the logging window open
5) Select the last stream in the playlist, so that MinimServer doesn't move on to another stream when the problem occurs
6) When the stream stops unexpectedly, click 'Save as' in the log window to save a log file
7) Zip the log file and attach it to a post here as a file attachment (not pasted inline)
8) In the log window, change the logging level back to Info

Thanks very much!

Sorry Simon, I got confused with MinimStreamer and MinimServer. My MinimStreamer version is now 0.5.16 and MinimServer is 0.8.3 update 69.

The HLS delay fix seems to have cured things as I had it playing for two hours today with no problems.

I guess I'll have to go back to the old setting to recreate the problem and try to do what you ask.
(17-10-2015 17:37)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Simon, I got confused with MinimStreamer and MinimServer. My MinimStreamer version is now 0.5.16 and MinimServer is 0.8.3 update 69.

The HLS delay fix seems to have cured things as I had it playing for two hours today with no problems.

I guess I'll have to go back to the old setting to recreate the problem and try to do what you ask.

There are some other changes in 0.5.16 that might solve the problem you were having with dropouts. I'd be interested to know if 0.5.16 is working for you without the delayHLS setting. Many thanks!
(17-10-2015 18:17)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-10-2015 17:37)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Simon, I got confused with MinimStreamer and MinimServer. My MinimStreamer version is now 0.5.16 and MinimServer is 0.8.3 update 69.

There are some other changes in 0.5.16 that might solve the problem you were having with dropouts. I'd be interested to know if 0.5.16 is working for you without the delayHLS setting. Many thanks!

Here is the log you required Simon, I hope it's alright.
I removed the HLS delay and selected the last station in my list which is Radio Tees. This failed to open and MinimServer tried to open several others without success until finally settling on Radio Humberside. This played consistently for half an hour before I saved the log and is still running as I type this twenty minutes later. The failure to lock on to the selected station is typical of the problem I was having although it seems now that, once it has settled down and a station is running, I can select another with no trouble. Hopefully version 0.5.16 will be ok.
(20-10-2015 12:33)kjbuk Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log you required Simon, I hope it's alright.
I removed the HLS delay and selected the last station in my list which is Radio Tees. This failed to open and MinimServer tried to open several others without success until finally settling on Radio Humberside. This played consistently for half an hour before I saved the log and is still running as I type this twenty minutes later. The failure to lock on to the selected station is typical of the problem I was having although it seems now that, once it has settled down and a station is running, I can select another with no trouble. Hopefully version 0.5.16 will be ok.

Thanks very much! It seems to be a timing issue where a slow response from some stations is causing the renderer to time out and give up. I will do some further investigation to try to work out why some stations are responding more slowly than others. What renderer are you using?
I've studied the log in more detail and the delay in responding isn't caused by the BBC stream. It might be caused by issues with your local network and/or other activity on the machine running MinimServer.

What machine are you using to run MinimServer? How is this machine connected to your network (wired Ethernet, wireless, powerline adapter)? What renderer are you using and how is this connected to your network?

If you stop Humberside when it is playing OK and start Tees immediately, does this work?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's