MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver Miminwatch not running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I made a install of WIN 10 Home 64 bit and installed newest JRE 1.8.0.60

I installed Miminserver and Miminwatch.

When I start Minimserver nothing happens. When I start minimwatch there comes a error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhome/net/controlpoint/CpDeviceListListener

Any idea what to do?

Rgds

Laura
(30-09-2015 22:01)Laurastar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I made a install of WIN 10 Home 64 bit and installed newest JRE 1.8.0.60

I installed Miminserver and Miminwatch.

When I start Minimserver nothing happens. When I start minimwatch there comes a error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openhome/net/controlpoint/CpDeviceListListener

Any idea what to do?

Rgds

Laura

When you start MinimServer, you should see a small icon in the Windows system tray with a minim (musical note) symbol. This icon might be in the system tray overflow area that you can view by clicking the upward pointing triangle (not sure if Windows 10 has this). Do you see this icon?

The error message from MinimWatch means that your installation is damaged in some way. I suggest you try uninstalling MinimWatch, then downloading MinimWatch again and reinstalling it.
Hi Simon,

there is no icon even in overflow area. Any hint that I see minimserver running somewhere in taskmanager?

Tried to reinstall minimwatch; same results.

Br

Laura
(01-10-2015 21:31)Laurastar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

there is no icon even in overflow area. Any hint that I see minimserver running somewhere in taskmanager?

Tried to reinstall minimwatch; same results.

Br

Laura

If MinimServer or MinimWatch are running, there will be a javaw.exe process in Task Manager. In the Command Line column, you can see whether the process is running MinimServer or MinimWatch.

It seems there is a problem with file associations on some Windows 10 machines that can cause the MinimWatch or MinimServer desktop launch icon not to work correctly (see this thread). This might be why MinimServer isn't working for you. I don't yet understand why you are getting this error message from MinimWatch.
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I receive the same message as the TO when I try to start Minimwatch on my computer running Ubuntu 16.10 (installed are openjdk8-jre as well as openjdk9-jre).

Minimwatch, however, works flawlessly started from within my secondary OS (Windows10Pro).

Difficult to understand ...

alfreddo12
(23-12-2016 18:09)alfreddo12 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for hi-jacking this thread. I receive the same message as the TO when I try to start Minimwatch on my computer running Ubuntu 16.10 (installed are openjdk8-jre as well as openjdk9-jre).

Minimwatch, however, works flawlessly started from within my secondary OS (Windows10Pro).

Difficult to understand ...

alfreddo12

This can happen if you are running MinimWatch using JDK 9. This combination is not yet supported.
Uninstalled JDK9 - happy again Smile
Reference URL's