MinimServer Forum

Full Version: transcode values
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For MinimServer, where does one set these transcode values, dsf:dopwav, dsf:dopwav?
(07-09-2015 01:52)germay0653 Wrote: [ -> ]For MinimServer, where does one set these transcode values, dsf:dopwav, dsf:dopwav?

You need to install MinimStreamer as described in this section. After you have done this and relaunched MinimServer, select Properties from the minim icon and select the System tab in the Properties dialog. You will see a field named stream.transcode and you can enter these values in this field.
(07-09-2015 09:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015 01:52)germay0653 Wrote: [ -> ]For MinimServer, where does one set these transcode values, dsf:dopwav, dsf:dopwav?

You need to install MinimStreamer as described in this section. After you have done this and relaunched MinimServer, select Properties from the minim icon and select the System tab in the Properties dialog. You will see a field named stream.transcode and you can enter these values in this field.

Thanks Simon, I did that and it's working fine now.

I have albums downloaded from HDTracks that're 24bit/192kHz that minimserver is reporting as having errors in the .wav format. I'm not sure why as they play fine through other servers and even played fine through MinimServer on an "upgraded" Win 10 version before I did a clean install of Win 10. Any suggestions?
(07-09-2015 16:49)germay0653 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon, I did that and it's working fine now.

I have albums downloaded from HDTracks that're 24bit/192kHz that minimserver is reporting as having errors in the .wav format. I'm not sure why as they play fine through other servers and even played fine through MinimServer on an "upgraded" Win 10 version before I did a clean install of Win 10. Any suggestions?

These errors can be fixed by running the affected files through a WAV-to-WAV conversion using a converter program such as dBpoweramp. Some other programs attempt to recover from format errors but MinimServer is more conservative and reports these errors so that they can be fixed.
(07-09-2015 20:13)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015 16:49)germay0653 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon, I did that and it's working fine now.

These errors can be fixed by running the affected files through a WAV-to-WAV conversion using a converter program such as dBpoweramp. Some other programs attempt to recover from format errors but MinimServer is more conservative and reports these errors so that they can be fixed.

Thanks again and I have dbPoweramp so that won't be a problem!!
Reference URL's