MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Java Manager and Java 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any Idea when Synology's Java Manager will support Java 8?
(07-08-2015 05:08)Loop4fun Wrote: [ -> ]Any Idea when Synology's Java Manager will support Java 8?

I asked Synology about this in March and the response was that "the evaluation is on-going".
Simon, I just wanted to revisit this issue. I'm hesitant to switch to Java 8 until Synology's Java manager supports it.

In the meantime, please let us know when it's mandatory that we upgrade with or without Java manager.

Regards,

Bill
(17-11-2015 05:07)Loop4fun Wrote: [ -> ]Simon, I just wanted to revisit this issue. I'm hesitant to switch to Java 8 until Synology's Java manager supports it.

In the meantime, please let us know when it's mandatory that we upgrade with or without Java manager.

Regards,

Bill

Synology have announced that Java Manager support for Java 8 will be available in the next DSM 6.0 beta. They have not said whether this support will be available on DSM 5.2. My best guess is that you will need to move up to DSM 6.0 (when this is officially released) in order to install Java 8 using Java Manager.

MinimServer supports both Java 7 and Java 8 and there is no immediate need to upgrade. If you have an Intel or ARMv7 NAS (i.e., any model with Java Manager support), I recommend that you wait for the official release of DSM 6.0 and use Java Manager to install Java 8.
Reference URL's