MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

Updated to W10 yesterday - no problems but lost all my programmes...

I still had the Java (7 Up67) and MininWatch (0.8.3) - (all 64bit as is my laptop) exe files so I executed them again not expecting any problems but when I got to the end of the MinimWatch wizard and clicked OK I got an error message

ShellExecuteEx failed; code -2147221003
Application not found

I tried to open the MinimWatch icon on the desktop anyway but got a further error message:

Deployment error
0x80070057

After this I deleted the Java and installed the latest version (8up51) - now I don´t get any error messages but when I try to open MinimWatch a new window appears asking me which programme I would like to use to open MinimWatch and it offers me a selection of silly programmes like WordPad or even Windows Media Player......

Could it be that the W10 update has kicked out other essential programmes for the running of Minim?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Gussy
Only Java is required. In Default Programs, the .jar file extension should have the description "Executable Jar File" and should be associated with Java Platform SE binary. The Java install process should set this up for you.
Many thanks Simon,

Getting a bit lost here, my laptop is all in German...

But I´ve located a list of file extensions in the system settings - .jar is there, the description is JAR-Datai and then in the next column the heading is something like: Current Standard and it lists "Provisioning package runtime processing tool"

Is that right????

Once again, many thanks for your advice!
(01-08-2015 11:02)Gussy Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks Simon,

Getting a bit lost here, my laptop is all in German...

But I´ve located a list of file extensions in the system settings - .jar is there, the description is JAR-Datai and then in the next column the heading is something like: Current Standard and it lists "Provisioning package runtime processing tool"

Is that right????

Once again, many thanks for your advice!

This isn't correct. I installed Java on Windows 10 (using Firefox, not Microsoft Edge) and this setting was correct. Can you try installing Java again to see if this fixes it?
Just tried it using Firefox - no joy - just the same.

The website (Oracle) even prompted me to check that Java was runnunig correctly which it confirmed a couple of seconds later.....

Ummmmm........
(01-08-2015 11:51)Gussy Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried it using Firefox - no joy - just the same.

The website (Oracle) even prompted me to check that Java was runnunig correctly which it confirmed a couple of seconds later.....

Ummmmm........

Perhaps you have another program "Provisioning package runtime processing tool" installed and this other program has taken over the association for .jar files.

The Oracle website check would not check that .jar files are associated correctly.
Thanks Simon,

There´s no such tool listed in the programmes I´ve downloaded....

Where can I search for this - and delete it?

Gussy
(01-08-2015 12:57)Gussy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon,

There´s no such tool listed in the programmes I´ve downloaded....

Where can I search for this - and delete it?

Gussy

See the first part of this post. After removing the .jar association, try installing Java again. If this doesn't work, you might need to edit the registry.
Up and running!

Many thanks Simon - I wouldn´t have sorted that in a month of Sundays!

Best wishes,

Gussy
Reference URL's