MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Can Internet down crash Minimsever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two changes here recently:

- For the first time I downloaded and added a playlist pointing to various BBC radio stations. Works a treat.

- I listened to a cold caller who told me that if I switched from BT Domestic to BT Business my Internet connection would be both better and cheaper. (Despite the fact that I am retired and living in a residential bungalow.) So far it has been neither. Lately my Internet connection is up and down all the time. Dreadful. God knows how actual businesses get on!

Anyway, after several years of being rock solid, I now sometimes find that Minimserver has mysteriously stopped. Could there be a connection? Could the Internet going down cause Minimserver to crash?

Or is it just coincidence?

Jim.
(26-07-2015 09:37)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]Two changes here recently:

- For the first time I downloaded and added a playlist pointing to various BBC radio stations. Works a treat.

- I listened to a cold caller who told me that if I switched from BT Domestic to BT Business my Internet connection would be both better and cheaper. (Despite the fact that I am retired and living in a residential bungalow.) So far it has been neither. Lately my Internet connection is up and down all the time. Dreadful. God knows how actual businesses get on!

Anyway, after several years of being rock solid, I now sometimes find that Minimserver has mysteriously stopped. Could there be a connection? Could the Internet going down cause Minimserver to crash?

Or is it just coincidence?

Jim.

MinimServer should continue to work when the internet goes down. What device (NAS or computer) are you using to run MinimServer?

You could check whether there is any connection by disconnecting the cable between your router and the phone socket to simulate an internet outage.
Good morning Simon,

QNAP TS- 219P+ (with ARM).

Jim.
Maybe relevant that the QNAP powers itself down in the early hours each night, then I manually restart it when I think I may want to use it. Possible the Internet is down at the time of the startup.

Jim.
(26-07-2015 09:50)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe relevant that the QNAP powers itself down in the early hours each night, then I manually restart it when I think I may want to use it. Possible the Internet is down at the time of the startup.

Jim.

This shouldn't make any difference. Can you try disconnecting the internet cable from the router before restarting MinimServer to see if this causes any problems?

What exactly do you see in the QNAP App Center when MinimServer is "mysteriously stopped"?
Reference URL's