MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimwatch not downloading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have been using Minimserver on my NAS now for a few months and managing it without problems from my PC via minimwatch (x86 minimwatch and java). Last night however I turned on my PC (Win 7) and Avast said it had disabled minimwatch because it contained a virus. I'm quite sure it doesn't so I thought I would just wait to restart today and all would be well. Avast reported the same error today, so I uninstalled minimwatch. I went to the website just now and downloaded it again but Avast would not let it run. It will not now install saying the file is corrupt, and now when I click on the download link on the website the page fails to load and a message saying the server did not send anything (I have tried Firefox and Chrome). Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks
(11-07-2015 15:59)samnorthernlights Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I have been using Minimserver on my NAS now for a few months and managing it without problems from my PC via minimwatch (x86 minimwatch and java). Last night however I turned on my PC (Win 7) and Avast said it had disabled minimwatch because it contained a virus. I'm quite sure it doesn't so I thought I would just wait to restart today and all would be well. Avast reported the same error today, so I uninstalled minimwatch. I went to the website just now and downloaded it again but Avast would not let it run. It will not now install saying the file is corrupt, and now when I click on the download link on the website the page fails to load and a message saying the server did not send anything (I have tried Firefox and Chrome). Any ideas what is going on?
Thanks

I don't use Avast but I have seen similar problems with Norton. There is probably some way to undo Avast's disabling of MinimWatch after this has happened (with Norton, this would be called restore from quarantine).

I suggest you power the PC off and on, then uninstall MinimWatch (if Programs and Features thinks it is installed), then try again to download MinimWatch from the MinimServer downloads page.
(11-07-2015 16:35)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2015 15:59)samnorthernlights Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Thanks

I don't use Avast but I have seen similar problems with Norton. There is probably some way to undo Avast's disabling of MinimWatch after this has happened (with Norton, this would be called restore from quarantine).

I suggest you power the PC off and on, then uninstall MinimWatch (if Programs and Features thinks it is installed), then try again to download MinimWatch from the MinimServer downloads page.

Thanks Simon. I restarted and then disabled Avast to try downloading Minimwatch and it worked. I was able to download it again. It is installed again and I will wait for the next error message and then see if I can disable it somehow.
Reference URL's