MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer does not see .wav and .dsf files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I have dowloaded from Bleep.com a 24bit WAV file of an album and I cannot get MinimServer to see it. I dowloaded a FLAC version of the same album from the same site and that is visible and my Naim NDX plays it nicely.
MinimServer also does not see a DSD (.dsf) file from Highresaudo.
My music library is on a QNAP TS 241+ NAS and my computer is an iMac.
I am new to streaming and I am surely missing something.
Thanks for your help.
Giuseppe
(11-07-2015 00:20)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
I have dowloaded from Bleep.com a 24bit WAV file of an album and I cannot get MinimServer to see it. I dowloaded a FLAC version of the same album from the same site and that is visible and my Naim NDX plays it nicely.
Thanks for your help.
Giuseppe

Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log? To view the log, install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network and select 'Show log' from the minim icon.

If there are no error messages, these files might be in the [untagged] section of the MinimServer top-level menu.
(11-07-2015 08:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2015 00:20)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
Thanks for your help.
Giuseppe

Are there any error messages in the MinimServer log? To view the log, install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network and select 'Show log' from the minim icon.

If there are no error messages, these files might be in the [untagged] section of the MinimServer top-level menu.

Hi.
I have checked MinimServer's log. There are error messages but none seem to refer to the .wav and .dsf files.
Thanks.
(11-07-2015 09:01)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I have checked MinimServer's log. There are error messages but none seem to refer to the .wav and .dsf files.
Thanks.

Have you checked the [untagged] section to see if these files are there?
Simon,
Thanks for replying.
How do you access the untagged section?
Why the .flac version of the same files is visible, accessible and playable, with no action required?
Best
Giuseppe

(11-07-2015 14:11)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2015 09:01)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
Thanks.

Have you checked the [untagged] section to see if these files are there?
(11-07-2015 16:37)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,
Thanks for replying.

If there is anything in the [untagged] section, you will see a menu choice [untagged] in the top-level menu (with n albums, n items and [folder view]).

Quote:Why the .flac version of the same files is visible, accessible and playable, with no action required?
Best
Giuseppe

There are many possible causes for this problem. The only way to find the cause is to try things one at a time until the cause is identified. At that stage, I will be able to tell you why it isn't affecting your .flac files.
Where is the top-level menu and how is this accessed?
Thanks.

(11-07-2015 18:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2015 16:37)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,
Thanks for replying.

If there is anything in the [untagged] section, you will see a menu choice [untagged] in the top-level menu (with n albums, n items and [folder view]).

Quote:Why the .flac version of the same files is visible, accessible and playable, with no action required?
Best
Giuseppe

There are many possible causes for this problem. The only way to find the cause is to try things one at a time until the cause is identified. At that stage, I will be able to tell you why it isn't affecting your .flac files.
(12-07-2015 00:04)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the top-level menu and how is this accessed?
Thanks.

When you access MinimServer from a UPnP control point, you should see a top-level menu containing choices such as n albums, n items, Artist, Date and [folder view]. Which UPnP control point are you using?
I am using the Naim app for iPhone and iPad.
I could also use Jriver Media Center 20.
Thanks
Giuseppe

(12-07-2015 09:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2015 00:04)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the top-level menu and how is this accessed?
Thanks.

When you access MinimServer from a UPnP control point, you should see a top-level menu containing choices such as n albums, n items, Artist, Date and [folder view]. Which UPnP control point are you using?
(12-07-2015 18:00)giuseppe.vagge Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the Naim app for iPhone and iPad.
I could also use Jriver Media Center 20.
Thanks
Giuseppe

Do you see the MinimServer top-level menu in the Naim app? What choices does it contain? Can you post a screenshot?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's