MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimwatch does not start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I downloaded Minimserver to my Synology Nas 215j and it is working.

I have Minimwatch icon on my desktop, but when I double click - the Winrar window opens and i see the 2 folders com and META-INF. I try to extract them, but i get an error message.

I have Java 1.8.0_45 running on my windows 8.1 laptop.

Thanks.
(09-06-2015 18:56)Csi_basel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I downloaded Minimserver to my Synology Nas 215j and it is working.

I have Minimwatch icon on my desktop, but when I double click - the Winrar window opens and i see the 2 folders com and META-INF. I try to extract them, but i get an error message.

I have Java 1.8.0_45 running on my windows 8.1 laptop.

Thanks.

It sounds like the filetype associations in Control Panel > Default Programs have associated the .jar extension with WinRAR. You need to change this so that the .jar extension is associated with the Java executable. This can be tricky to do, as other recent forum discussions have shown.

As a first step, open WinRAR and see if it provides a configuration option to remove its filetype association for .jar files. If this is possible, please try doing this and let me know whether it has solved the problem.
Cool - Simoncn!!

I did as you wrote and now I have Minimwatch in green in my tray.

Great stuff.
Now I need to figure out what Minimwatch actually does Wink
Hi,

I got the same problem.
Minimserver installed on QNAP TS210 and Minimwatch installed on my desktop.
Minimwatch stays grey!!??

The first time installed the combo it works but after restart of the QNAP it doesn't work anymore.
Any ideas?
Hi
Sorry in my case minimwatch start but keeps grey.
(no winrar problem)
I stopped the Avast virusscanner without results.
(18-06-2015 18:39)Wilhada Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Sorry in my case minimwatch start but keeps grey.
(no winrar problem)
I stopped the Avast virusscanner without results.

This can be caused by one of the the following:

1) Inbound connections to MinimWatch might be blocked by a firewall. You can confirm this by disabling all firewalls on your desktop machine.

2) If you have multiple active network adapters (real or virtual) on your desktop machine, MinimWatch might be using the wrong adapter. You can fix this by setting the ohnet.subnet property for MinimWatch using the Options > Properties (watch) page. See this section for details.
Hi Simoncn,

Thx for the quick answer.
I tried switching off the firewall in winows and restarted minimwatch and now it's green!
Do i have to leave the firewall off?
Or is it possible to make an exeption for minimwatch?
(18-06-2015 19:21)Wilhada Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simoncn,

Thx for the quick answer.
I tried switching off the firewall in winows and restarted minimwatch and now it's green!
Do i have to leave the firewall off?
Or is it possible to make an exeption for minimwatch?

You need to add a firewall rule to allow inbound TCP and UDP connections for the Java executable.

Finding the correct path to use for the Java executable in the firewall rule can be a bit tricky. You can find this by doing the following:

1) Open Task Manager and select the Processes tab
2) In View > Select Columns, make sure the check box for Image Path Name is enabled
3) Find the javaw.exe process and scroll over to the Image Path Name column
4) Use the contents of the Image Path Name column as the program path for the firewall rule
Hi Simon

Thx everything works fine now (added in firewall).
C:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\javaw.exe was in the list but not selected!?
Reference URL's