MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Thank You Simon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

Just wanted to say a HUGE Thank You for this solution to the mindnumbingly frustrating problem that is UK BBC HLS streaming through TuneIn for Sonos.....Thanks to you I now have TMS back (albeit England just lost bigtime v NZ so bad timing on my part.....)

It took me a while to configure it through my Synology NAS & laptop running MinimWatch - [FWIW: my 64bit laptop was running interfaces on different subnets AND the wrong version of JDK/Chrome] but I found your instruction & guides extremely helpful....I work in IT but even I struggled, not being a Java pro.

I have donated a small Thank You already....& will send more once I've used it for a while. My family are much happier now that BBC Radio stations appear to be stable through Sonos....just as before Smile

One Question: How does this work ? Any chance you could draw us a simple picture to illustrate the solution via BBC - > Minimserver -> Minimstreamer -> Sonos...if not done already ?

As a certified & very curious Techie, I'm actually genuinely interested in the workflow, from a security perpective in particular. Big Grin

Many thanks,

Sam
(02-06-2015 20:22)homesickalien Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

Just wanted to say a HUGE Thank You for this solution to the mindnumbingly frustrating problem that is UK BBC HLS streaming through TuneIn for Sonos.....Thanks to you I now have TMS back (albeit England just lost bigtime v NZ so bad timing on my part.....)

It took me a while to configure it through my Synology NAS & laptop running MinimWatch - [FWIW: my 64bit laptop was running interfaces on different subnets AND the wrong version of JDK/Chrome] but I found your instruction & guides extremely helpful....I work in IT but even I struggled, not being a Java pro.

I have donated a small Thank You already....& will send more once I've used it for a while. My family are much happier now that BBC Radio stations appear to be stable through Sonos....just as before Smile

One Question: How does this work ? Any chance you could draw us a simple picture to illustrate the solution via BBC - > Minimserver -> Minimstreamer -> Sonos...if not done already ?

As a certified & very curious Techie, I'm actually genuinely interested in the workflow, from a security perpective in particular. Big Grin

Many thanks,

Sam

Thanks very much!

MinimStreamer is acting as a "proxy" between the Sonos and the BBC server. The BBC server sends the stream to MinimStreamer using the HLS protocol and MinimStreamer sends the same stream data to the Sonos as a regular HTTP stream.
Reference URL's