MinimServer Forum

Full Version: How to get rid of error messages ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After using MinimServer for some months I decide to take a look at the log file ("Show log") and noticed an error message:

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 1946348137 in file The Modern Jazz Quartet/1963 Monterey Jazz Festival/01 Pyramid.m4a (length 14887841)

A corrupted file I thought, stopped MinimServer, deleted the file, even emptied the waste bin and started the server again by clicking on the icon. To my surprise the message was still in the log file, although this file had been completely removed from the PC. Even a reboot did not help.
Searching the forum I found a hint, that writing something in "Write All Tags" will empty the cache, but this did not work (my OS Ubuntu 15.04).
What can I do to get rid of this message?
(31-05-2015 10:37)Hubert Wrote: [ -> ]After using MinimServer for some months I decide to take a look at the log file ("Show log") and noticed an error message:

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 1946348137 in file The Modern Jazz Quartet/1963 Monterey Jazz Festival/01 Pyramid.m4a (length 14887841)

A corrupted file I thought, stopped MinimServer, deleted the file, even emptied the waste bin and started the server again by clicking on the icon. To my surprise the message was still in the log file, although this file had been completely removed from the PC. Even a reboot did not help.
Searching the forum I found a hint, that writing something in "Write All Tags" will empty the cache, but this did not work (my OS Ubuntu 15.04).

Try doing a Rescan from the minim icon. If you still get the message, it means the file is still present on your machine. Perhaps you have an extra copy of it in a location that you are not expecting.
(31-05-2015 14:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-05-2015 10:37)Hubert Wrote: [ -> ]After using MinimServer for some months I decide to take a look at the log file ("Show log") and noticed an error message:

Try doing a Rescan from the minim icon. If you still get the message, it means the file is still present on your machine. Perhaps you have an extra copy of it in a location that you are not expecting.

You were right, Simon! In my music directory there was a subdirectory called "test", where I had put all the music files from the parent directory (I cannot remember why). So when I corrected a corrupted file in the music directory, it was still there in "test" and caused the persistent error message! After deleting "test" there are no more warnings or error messages.
Thank you so much for your assistance!
Reference URL's