MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Sorting by custom field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did add a new field to my collection, to be able to show all Albums in a series (eg. DJ Kicks) after each other. I named the field "folder" (most probably not really nice, but...).

How can I sort the Albums by this tag. Me is using Minimserver (obviously) as
well as BubbleUpnp as the Control Point). Any hint is welcome.

Oh, Grouping would be nice based on this one as well. I have added and tried some configs already, but I am slightly lost.
(01-05-2015 16:36)triplem Wrote: [ -> ]I did add a new field to my collection, to be able to show all Albums in a series (eg. DJ Kicks) after each other. I named the field "folder" (most probably not really nice, but...).

Oh, Grouping would be nice based on this one as well. I have added and tried some configs already, but I am slightly lost.

By "grouping", I presume you mean you want the "folder" tag to appear in the MinimServer index menu. To do this, you need to add "folder" to the indexTags property.

When you have done this, you can add "folder" to the Album.sortTags setting in the tagOptions property. For example, you can use

Album.sortTags={folder, Album, Artist}

to sort your albums first by the folder tag, then by album name, then by artist name.
(01-05-2015 21:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2015 16:36)triplem Wrote: [ -> ]I did add a new field to my collection, to be able to show all Albums in a series (eg. DJ Kicks) after each other. I named the field "folder" (most probably not really nice, but...).

By "grouping", I presume you mean you want the "folder" tag to appear in the MinimServer index menu. To do this, you need to add "folder" to the indexTags property.

When you have done this, you can add "folder" to the Album.sortTags setting in the tagOptions property. For example, you can use

Album.sortTags={folder, Album, Artist}

to sort your albums first by the folder tag, then by album name, then by artist name.

Thanks, that solves my sorting issue. Up until now, I have done a

Album.sortTags={Album, Artist, folder}

which gave me not the right sorting Huh

By Grouping I mean the functionality in the control point to access my collection via a "Group" like e.g. "Album"/"Artist". Can I add custom fields for this one as well?
(04-05-2015 10:35)triplem Wrote: [ -> ]By Grouping I mean the functionality in the control point to access my collection via a "Group" like e.g. "Album"/"Artist". Can I add custom fields for this one as well?

You could, I think, but I am not sure why you would need this. Doesn't the selection of the albums for a particular artist work just as well?

Your posts suggest to me that you may be thinking in terms of pre-determined sort orders. MinimServer does not work like that. It determines the sort order and the available selection criteria 'on the fly', depending on what prior selections the user has made.

Almost invariably, the initial list of selection options will include Artist; once that is selected and the particular artist is chosen from the list, there will be a list of albums to choose from, which are just the albums of your previously chosen artist. Would that not give you (for the cost of two taps on your control point) exactly the same result as the more troublesome option of attaching a special Artist/Album field to all your tracks?

David
(04-05-2015 10:35)triplem Wrote: [ -> ]By Grouping I mean the functionality in the control point to access my collection via a "Group" like e.g. "Album"/"Artist". Can I add custom fields for this one as well?

The term "Group" has a different meaning in MinimServer. I think you are probably referring to indexing, which is controlled by the indexTags property.
(04-05-2015 22:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]The term "Group" has a different meaning in MinimServer. I think you are probably referring to indexing, which is controlled by the indexTags property.

I took the OP to mean indexing on several tags at once (much like a database index on multiple fields), and was pointing out that, in the context of the MinimServer design (which, as you know, I like very much), this was neither possible nor needed.

David
(04-05-2015 22:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

The term "Group" has a different meaning in MinimServer. I think you are probably referring to indexing, which is controlled by the indexTags property.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for ;-) Works great.
Reference URL's