MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Compatibility with Lenovo/LifeLine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to everybody. I am new here
I am writing this because I want to know if I can install Minimserver in my NAS. I have a Lenovo EMC Px-4 300D (4 x 2tb) and it’s factory- loaded with Twonky. The people from Lenovo sent me an email with this answer when I asked them about the compatibility with MinimServer:
“There is always a chance that manually installing an application that is not specifically developed for the px4's LifeLine OS could cause firmware problems. I recommend checking with the application developer to see if they could try building a version for LifeLine OS using the LifeLine SDK from here.”
Many thanks in advance, Ricardo
(17-04-2015 17:52)ridom Wrote: [ -> ]Hello to everybody. I am new here
I am writing this because I want to know if I can install Minimserver in my NAS. I have a Lenovo EMC Px-4 300D (4 x 2tb) and it’s factory- loaded with Twonky. The people from Lenovo sent me an email with this answer when I asked them about the compatibility with MinimServer:
“There is always a chance that manually installing an application that is not specifically developed for the px4's LifeLine OS could cause firmware problems. I recommend checking with the application developer to see if they could try building a version for LifeLine OS using the LifeLine SDK from here.”

I will look into this and post back here.
(17-04-2015 23:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-04-2015 17:52)ridom Wrote: [ -> ]Hello to everybody. I am new here

I will look into this and post back here.
Thanks!
Hello again Simoncn
Do you have any news about the compatibility of MS with Lenovo? Thx again
(28-04-2015 17:58)ridom Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again Simoncn
Do you have any news about the compatibility of MS with Lenovo? Thx again

I haven't been able to do this investigation yet. It is on my "to do" list and I will post back here when I have any information.
(28-04-2015 21:50)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't been able to do this investigation yet. It is on my "to do" list and I will post back here when I have any information.

I've had a quick look at the SDK documentation. It looks like a lot of work would be needed to produce a custom MinimServer package for the Lifeline OS. At present, I don't have enough time available to pursue this.
What a pity. Unfortuately i am now stacked b/w trying to sell the nas and use it only with twonky
(29-04-2015 21:56)ridom Wrote: [ -> ]What a pity. Unfortuately i am now stacked b/w trying to sell the nas and use it only with twonky

Can you try installing the generic MinimServer Linux package? This would require logging into the NAS using an SSH terminal window. See this article for details of how to do this. You should install the Linux x86 download as described on this page.
I will. I hope I will not "brick" the NASc
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's